To view the corresponding page on the Minecraft Wiki, click here.
Wool is obtained from or from crafting it from string (see below) or as a drop upon killing or shearing sheep. These gentle creatures spawn in most temperate biomes, and are usually found in herds of four or more. When killed, sheep will drop one wool and 1-2 raw mutton. Shearing wooly sheep will give you 1-3 wool without killing the animal.
Crafting EditThe crafting recipe for regular, white wool is not a vanilla feature and was added in the mod. String is a renewable resource in the mod that can be obtained from Flax. So, for a steady supply of wool, one may choose between either herding sheep, or farming flax.
Wool is used for crafting some important things, for example:
- On the regular crafting table, it is used to make paintings, beds and carpets.
- On faction specific crafting tables, it is used to make banners for each faction.
- On faction specific crafting tables, it is used to make beds for several factions in the mod.
- On the Near Harad crafting table, it is used to make robes.
- As of Public Beta 29 wool is also applied for the crafting of gambesons.
- Coloured wool can be used in decoration or as building material.