|“||Yet this is held true by the wise of Eressëa, that all those of the Quendi who came into the hands of Melkor, ere Utumno was broken, were put there in prison, and by slow arts of cruelty were corrupted and enslaved; and thus did Melkor breed the hideous race of the Orcs in envy and mockery of the Elves, of whom they were afterwards the bitterest foes.||”|
–The Silmarillion, Of the Coming of the Elves and the Captivity of Melkor
The Utumno Orc is a type of Orc that spawns in Utumno. These are larger and stronger as compared with other Orc varieties and have 24 () health and much lower voices. A variant of the Utumno Orc is the Utumno Orc archer. Unlike most Orcs, Utumno Orcs cannot be hired. This is because your Utumno alignment is fixed on -66,666.
The player earns the achievement "Demonic Minions" when he/she kills an Utumno Orc or its archer variant.
When talked to these Orcs will mostly say things along the line of eating you, and how you never should have come down to the pits of Utumno.
Whoever once has seen the horror of Utumno, won't ever be afraid of mere players, even if they've got -66,666 alignment. So you won't ever see an Utumno Orc running from you, unlike most other Orcs do.
Utumno Orcs will commonly drop rotten flesh and Orc bones when killed. They may also drop Utumno exclusive loot, such as key pieces. These key pieces can only be found on the level they belong to, such as the ice key in the ice halls. They can also drop Mithril nuggets as a semi-rare drop.
|Orc Steel Ingot||Uncommon||1|
|Pickaxe of the Underworld||Rare||1|
|Utumno Poisoned Dagger||Rare||1|
- I smell man-flesh!
- Flesh! Flesh! Flesh!
- Come here! I'll make a good dinner out of you.
- How did you get down here? Doesn't matter! You're supper!
- We must serve the Great Dark One! We will obey!
- Where are you trying to run, filth? There is no escape from the shadows!
- I will strangle you like a worm!
- Yes! Fresh flesh! I've not tasted it in thousands of years!
- Boys, we'll be dining on fresh flesh today!
- If He commands it, I will obey.
- What is this? How did you get down here, worm?
- Run, scum! Run before you get squished like the pitiful little worm you are.
- His word is law. All must obey.
- No light can escape the terror of His darkness!
- Our Lord shall return, one day... and we shall rise once more!
- Your pointy stick is no match for the wicked blades of Melkor!
- You have made a terrible mistake entering here! Soon you shall be inside my stomach!
- Yes! Your flesh smells good, light-filth! You will make a good supper.
- You smell good! I will enjoy feasting on your flesh!
- Ha! Ha! Fool, do you really think your puny little blade can pierce my plates?
- He will return one day, and we shall rise and rule the world once more...
- I'll throw you to my dogs, scum. They will enjoy ripping your flesh apart!
Armour & Equipment: