FANDOM


  • AlteOgre
    AlteOgre closed this thread because:
    Expired.
    14:00, September 17, 2017

    The Black Uruks don't have a pike, so I decided to make one.


    BlackUrukPike1

    BlackUrukPike2

    Texture download: http://www.filedropper.com/blackurukpiketextures

      Loading editor
    • Why 8 damage? Wouldnt it be 7?

        Loading editor
    • 47.158.35.26 wrote: Why 8 damage? Wouldnt it be 7?

      Because 8 is the damage dealt by Uruk Pikes.

        Loading editor
    • no its only 7 damage

        Loading editor
    • 47.158.35.26 wrote: no its only 7 damage

      Indeed, I saw it in-game.

      I was checking the damage here on the wikia, and for some reason, even though it is written correctly on the edit page, the Uruk Equipment page is displaying the wrong stats for me. No idea if the problem is only with me, though.

        Loading editor
    • It's because it actually is 8 damage. 1 default damage, +7 listed damage, 8 damage.

        Loading editor
    • Isn't that a voulge? (brotherband is probably where people will be familiar with the term from)

      A pike has a stabby bit, that has a stabby bit, a slashy ax bit, and a (maybe?) hook bit. or it might be another spike.

        Loading editor
    • Minecraftmage113 wrote: Isn't that a voulge? (brotherband is probably where people will be familiar with the term from)

      A pike has a stabby bit, that has a stabby bit, a slashy ax bit, and a (maybe?) hook bit. or it might be another spike.

      It's more like a halberd, tbh.

        Loading editor
    • More Halberd-Texture weapons would be cool, so that the Mithril Halberd isnt the only one of its kind.

        Loading editor
    • However u cant really call that a pike, maybe Black Uruk Halberd instead?

        Loading editor
    • Do Black Uruks really need a halberd/pike? They're not frontline soldiers who'd need them to stop a charge; they're the elite of Sauron, who probably would never be in a position where they'd need a pike.

      Gen. Grievous1138 (LOTR Mod Wiki Admin) comlink 12:43, July 18, 2017 (UTC)

        Loading editor
    • Gen. Grievous1138 wrote: Do Black Uruks really need a halberd/pike? They're not frontline soldiers who'd need them to stop a charge; they're the elite of Sauron, who probably would never be in a position where they'd need a pike.

      Gen. Grievous1138 (LOTR Mod Wiki Admin) comlink 12:43, July 18, 2017 (UTC)

      Where is it mentioned that Black Uruks are the elite of Sauron? I mean, Black Uruk is a very broad term, even the Uruks of Saruman were described as Black Uruks on Unfinished Tales. Besides, long reach weapons like pikes and spears were the kings of the battlefield, and elite or not, any decent battalion of troops would be armed with them.

        Loading editor
    • Dragonovith wrote:

      Gen. Grievous1138 wrote: Do Black Uruks really need a halberd/pike? They're not frontline soldiers who'd need them to stop a charge; they're the elite of Sauron, who probably would never be in a position where they'd need a pike.

      Gen. Grievous1138 (LOTR Mod Wiki Admin) comlink 12:43, July 18, 2017 (UTC)

      Where is it mentioned that Black Uruks are the elite of Sauron? I mean, Black Uruk is a very broad term, even the Uruks of Saruman were described as Black Uruks on Unfinished Tales. Besides, long reach weapons like pikes and spears were the kings of the battlefield, and elite or not, any decent battalion of troops would be armed with them.

      The Black Uruks in the mod are too powerful to be the Uruks of Mordor mentioned as footsoldiers. The current Black Uruks are instead intended as the elite of Barad-dûr, who would probably be fighting in closer quarters to protect key parts of fortresses (for which a pike is a poor choice, as there would be basically no room), in sorties to break sieges (for which a pike is a poor choice, as it would slow troops down), or leading a charge to break enemy lines (and you don't want a pike for that either.)

      Gen. Grievous1138 (LOTR Mod Wiki Admin) comlink 13:32, July 18, 2017 (UTC)

        Loading editor
    • We've discussed this before, Grievous, and are in agreement on it, but to hear the community's perspective, should the Black Uruks of Barad-dur be partially restricted to a Barad-dur biome, and made far rarer elsewhere?

      IthilionHeraldry Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë) 13:52, July 18, 2017 (UTC)

        Loading editor
    • Luckily I don't want to be a mod, so I would be mini-modding right now and asking for people to stop derailing from the main topic and discussing side subjects :p But it is true, let's not derail people! And anyway, being elite or not, I can't see why Black Uruks couldn't have polearms when 95.44367864% of equipment sets contain polearms. Actually, if they are indeed an elite, they should have a varied set of weapons at their disposal, to be used according to the situation they would be deployed to.

        Loading editor
    • I just think that (almost) every faction should have a pike at its disposal, (even though at base now after the v33 update they are kinda bad :/) just so no faction with custom gear has to suffer with iron pikes.

        Loading editor
    • I love this idea, I love Pikes, I hope it gets added.

        Loading editor
    • High King Ithilion wrote: We've discussed this before, Grievous, and are in agreement on it, but to hear the community's perspective, should the Black Uruks of Barad-dur be partially restricted to a Barad-dur biome, and made far rarer elsewhere?

      IthilionHeraldry Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë) 13:52, July 18, 2017 (UTC)

      Restricted? Yes. But I don't think an entire biome for Barad-dûr is really necessary; just make them only spawn extremely rarely in Udûn and Outer Gorgoroth.

      Gen. Grievous1138 (LOTR Mod Wiki Admin) comlink 18:20, July 18, 2017 (UTC)

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message