FANDOM


  • AlteOgre
    AlteOgre closed this thread because:
    Expired.
    11:38, July 15, 2017

    I know that Esgaroth and Erebor will be updated (Eventually), and this is not a suggestion for Lake town or The Dwarven Fortress. This is Merely a suggestion for some things to be included when(ever) they are added.


    Biomes:

    The Long Lake: a normal lake, but random variants of Charred and Rotten wood can be found along the lake's floor.

    Erebor: when a certain (or Random) amount of gold, silver, etc, etc is mined, the player will get the Dragons Sickness Effect. can only be removed by leaving the Erebor Biome.


    Structures:

    Smaug's Corpse: Randomly found somewhere under the lake's surface. Made of Blocks of Bone (see below) and Flesh Blocks (See below). When randomly walking around near the corpse, you can randomly pick up items (Coins, Random Ingots and Nuggets, Mithril being possible, but rare, and Dragon Scales and, Dragon Claws / Teeth. After a random time of picking up some of the Dragon's loot, they will get the Dragon Sickness Effect (See Below)

    Sunken House: a wooden structure found at the Long Lake's Floor. made of Charred and Rotten Wood. loot similar to the chests found in the destroyed houses in Eriador.


    Blocks:

    Flesh Block: made with 9 rotten flesh in a normal crafting table. found in the corpse of Smaug.  when stood on, the player will sink into it. can be eaten, and gives the as effects as eating rotten flesh, but 9 times over.

    Bone Block: it's basiclly the 1.10 Vanilla Block.


    Items:

    Dragon Scale: can be used to plate armour and make it stronger, and resistant to crossbow bolts and Arrows. Otherwise decorational.

    Dragon Teeth: Can be used to make a Dragon Sword. Otherwise decorational.

    Dragon Claws: Can be Used to Make a Dragon Sword. Otherwise decorational.


    Effects:

    Dragon Sickness: the Player can only get Dragon Sickness from going near the Corpse of Smaug. Gives the Player Nausea, Strength, Speed and a slow, Golden version of the Wither Effect. Also slowly Turns the player vision Golden.


    (I have no proof of Dragon Scales, Teeth and Claws being made into Armour and Weapons, but if a Dragon Slayer (or a person manages to find a dragon Corpse) wouldn't they like to show off and make Armour /  Weapons from it's Materials?)



    Thanks for reading!

    Edit: ~Adjusted title to ensure it covers the topic.

      Loading editor
    • The 'Dragon Sickness' thing is BS, on both counts. Movie propaganda.

      A block that can be eaten and placed? Crazy.

      No one ever dived down to the place where Smaug's bones lay, so no dragon scale armour from him at least. (His armour was made of precious gems anyway.)

        Loading editor
    • Tbh it isnt kinda. But yeah this is ridicioulus about mining gold. I think remove that part, rest is good/.

        Loading editor
    • Thindithron the Great wrote:
      The 'Dragon Sickness' thing is BS, on both counts. Movie propaganda.

      A block that can be eaten and placed? Crazy.

      No one ever dived down to the place where Smaug's bones lay, so no dragon scale armour from him at least. (His armour was made of precious gems anyway.)

      His body main wasn`t he still had scales. This is minecraft mod so you can dive km in ocean or forodwaith and not die and climb highest of mountains. So diving to Smaug is ok. Plus maybe dalishmen could give you quests.

        Loading editor
    • Well, quests would be a bit weird considering they wouldn't take the gems out for they thought they were poisoned etc, but the idea of scale armour.. hmm, maybe, maybe, this dragon corpse block should hen you break it give a gem or 2 and some gold.

        Loading editor
    • KHAMULofHARDA wrote:

      Thindithron the Great wrote:
      The 'Dragon Sickness' thing is BS, on both counts. Movie propaganda.

      A block that can be eaten and placed? Crazy.

      No one ever dived down to the place where Smaug's bones lay, so no dragon scale armour from him at least. (His armour was made of precious gems anyway.)

      His body main wasn`t he still had scales. This is minecraft mod so you can dive km in ocean or forodwaith and not die and climb highest of mountains. So diving to Smaug is ok. Plus maybe dalishmen could give you quests.

      Well, that point has merit. The fact is, though, that 'dragon scale armour' is still bullshit.

        Loading editor
    • Thindithron the Great wrote:
      The 'Dragon Sickness' thing is BS, on both counts. Movie propaganda.

      A block that can be eaten and placed? Crazy.

      No one ever dived down to the place where Smaug's bones lay, so no dragon scale armour from him at least. (His armour was made of precious gems anyway.)

      The Dragon Sickness is in the Book. Thorin Changed once the mountain was won, the Movies just named it (although I'm pretty sure the book does mention it).

      Why not a block that can be eaten and placed? it's a cool little thing that no other block would have.

      His armour was made of Scales, but his belly was more protected than anything else, due to the gems. and I'm saying, you just find the scales, and not the armour itself. Yes, The people of Dale and Esgaroth thought that the gems and money were cursed, which is why you get the Dragon Sickness. and I said no pure Dragon Scale armour, just Dragon Scale Plated Armour.

        Loading editor
    • I just grabbed my copy of The Hobbit and can confirm that the term "Dragon-Sickness" is used to refer to the lust for wealth that overtakes those who took from the hoard. 

      One a side note: while the mind-influencing and corrupting power of dragons is well documented, I must admitt that I've always associated the curse upon Erebor's hoard more with the influence of a certain ring...

        Loading editor
    • Khuzdul1 wrote:
      Thindithron the Great wrote:
      The 'Dragon Sickness' thing is BS, on both counts. Movie propaganda.

      A block that can be eaten and placed? Crazy.

      No one ever dived down to the place where Smaug's bones lay, so no dragon scale armour from him at least. (His armour was made of precious gems anyway.)

      The Dragon Sickness is in the Book. Thorin Changed once the mountain was won, the Movies just named it (although I'm pretty sure the book does mention it).

      Why not a block that can be eaten and placed? it's a cool little thing that no other block would have.

      His armour was made of Scales, but his belly was more protected than anything else, due to the gems. and I'm saying, you just find the scales, and not the armour itself. Yes, The people of Dale and Esgaroth thought that the gems and money were cursed, which is why you get the Dragon Sickness. and I said no pure Dragon Scale armour, just Dragon Scale Plated Armour.

      Think about how you eat something and how you place something.



      Also, i feel that free loot at smaugs corpse is a little OP, especially when the debuff only makes you leave eriador.

        Loading editor
    • Thindithron the Great wrote: The 'Dragon Sickness' thing is BS, on both counts. Movie propaganda.

      A block that can be eaten and placed? Crazy.

      No one ever dived down to the place where Smaug's bones lay, so no dragon scale armour from him at least. (His armour was made of precious gems anyway.)

      Dragon sickness is a thing. The movies just made it more prominent. It was far more subtle in the book.

      And you're forgetting that Kebab Blocks are a thing.

      Gen. Grievous1138 (LOTR Mod Wiki Admin) comlink 13:30, May 14, 2017 (UTC)

        Loading editor
    • The Dragon Sickness was a thing, but it was not a physical disease. It was a mental condition characterized by intense greed.

        Loading editor
    • tbh dragon sickness should make everything go black and white but anything valuable should be colored with bright vibrant colors

        Loading editor
    • Khuzdul1 wrote: I know that Esgaroth and Erebor will be updated (Eventually), and this is not a suggestion for Lake town or The Dwarven Fortress. This is Merely a suggestion for some things to be included when(ever) they are added. I doubt that flesh would remain with Smaug's corpse. About six decades passed between The Hobbit and LotR, and none of Smaug's flesh would stay for that long. I think that the bones would be there, though, obviously.



      The Long Lake: a normal lake, but random variants of Charred and Rotten wood can be found along the lake's floor.

      Erebor: when a certain (or Random) amount of gold, silver, etc, etc is mined, the player will get the Dragons Sickness Effect. can only be removed by leaving the Erebor Biome.


      Structures:

      Smaug's Corpse: Randomly found somewhere under the lake's surface. Made of Blocks of Bone (see below) and Flesh Blocks (See below). When randomly walking around near the corpse, you can randomly pick up items (Coins, Random Ingots and Nuggets, Mithril being possible, but rare, and Dragon Scales and, Dragon Claws / Teeth. After a random time of picking up some of the Dragon's loot, they will get the Dragon Sickness Effect (See Below)

      Sunken House: a wooden structure found at the Long Lake's Floor. made of Charred and Rotten Wood. loot similar to the chests found in the destroyed houses in Eriador.


      Blocks:

      Flesh Block: made with 9 rotten flesh in a normal crafting table. found in the corpse of Smaug.  when stood on, the player will sink into it. can be eaten, and gives the as effects as eating rotten flesh, but 9 times over.

      Bone Block: it's basiclly the 1.10 Vanilla Block.


      Items:

      Dragon Scale: can be used to plate armour and make it stronger, and resistant to crossbow bolts and Arrows. Otherwise decorational.

      Dragon Teeth: Can be used to make a Dragon Sword. Otherwise decorational.

      Dragon Claws: Can be Used to Make a Dragon Sword. Otherwise decorational.


      Effects:

      Dragon Sickness: the Player can only get Dragon Sickness from going near the Corpse of Smaug. Gives the Player Nausea, Strength, Speed and a slow, Golden version of the Wither Effect. Also slowly Turns the player vision Golden.


      (I have no proof of Dragon Scales, Teeth and Claws being made into Armour and Weapons, but if a Dragon Slayer (or a person manages to find a dragon Corpse) wouldn't they like to show off and make Armour /  Weapons from it's Materials?)



      Thanks for reading!

      Edit: ~Adjusted title to ensure it covers the topic.

        Loading editor
    • I agree with most of it, but getting dragon sickness from a dead dragon? Also, the sickness comes from the hoard, not the dragon.

        Loading editor
    • Thorin just liked treasure and treated it all as his own. (Which it was, pretty much.) There's no 'dragon sickness'- just a love of the material.

      Who could possibly stuff a whole block into their face? Be realistic.

      The only quote we have from the Hobbit on Smaug's corpse said they could see his bones from the surface- no scales. I presume they rotted away.

        Loading editor
    • Thindithron the Great wrote: Thorin just liked treasure and treated it all as his own. (Which it was, pretty much.) There's no 'dragon sickness'- just a love of the material.

      Who could possibly stuff a whole block into their face? Be realistic.

      The only quote we have from the Hobbit on Smaug's corpse said they could see his bones from the surface- no scales. I presume they rotted away.

      It is mentioned that after Bard gave him much dragon gold, the old master of Lake-town fled and went mad from dragon sickness. I can't be bothered atm to get a quote for it but Itd there I tell you!

        Loading editor
    • 00Fez wrote:

      Thindithron the Great wrote: Thorin just liked treasure and treated it all as his own. (Which it was, pretty much.) There's no 'dragon sickness'- just a love of the material.

      Who could possibly stuff a whole block into their face? Be realistic.

      The only quote we have from the Hobbit on Smaug's corpse said they could see his bones from the surface- no scales. I presume they rotted away.

      It is mentioned that after Bard gave him much dragon gold, the old master of Lake-town fled and went mad from dragon sickness. I can't be bothered atm to get a quote for it but Itd there I tell you!

      "From that treasure Bard sent much gold to the Master of Lake-town; and he rewarded his followers and friends freely."

      Nothing in there about dragon-sickness.

        Loading editor
    • Great suggestion, i think it would be more applicable if the dragon tooth could be made into a ornate dagger rather than a sword, as it would just look really odd as a sword and naturally, would look like the really cool half-troll dagger!

        Loading editor
    • Thindithron the Great wrote:

      00Fez wrote:

      Thindithron the Great wrote: Thorin just liked treasure and treated it all as his own. (Which it was, pretty much.) There's no 'dragon sickness'- just a love of the material.

      Who could possibly stuff a whole block into their face? Be realistic.

      The only quote we have from the Hobbit on Smaug's corpse said they could see his bones from the surface- no scales. I presume they rotted away.

      It is mentioned that after Bard gave him much dragon gold, the old master of Lake-town fled and went mad from dragon sickness. I can't be bothered atm to get a quote for it but Itd there I tell you!

      "From that treasure Bard sent much gold to the Master of Lake-town; and he rewarded his followers and friends freely."

      Nothing in there about dragon-sickness.

      As my copy of the hobbit is currently at my mums house, I will trust you on that one.

        Loading editor
    • Thindithron the Great wrote:

      00Fez wrote:

      Thindithron the Great wrote: Thorin just liked treasure and treated it all as his own. (Which it was, pretty much.) There's no 'dragon sickness'- just a love of the material.

      Who could possibly stuff a whole block into their face? Be realistic.

      The only quote we have from the Hobbit on Smaug's corpse said they could see his bones from the surface- no scales. I presume they rotted away.

      It is mentioned that after Bard gave him much dragon gold, the old master of Lake-town fled and went mad from dragon sickness. I can't be bothered atm to get a quote for it but Itd there I tell you!

      "From that treasure Bard sent much gold to the Master of Lake-town; and he rewarded his followers and friends freely."

      Nothing in there about dragon-sickness.

      Well actually....

      "...The old Master had come to a bad end. Bard had given him much gold for the help of the Lake-people, but being of the kind that easily catches such disease he fell under the dragon-sickness, and took most of the gold and fled with it, and died of starvation in the Waste, deserted by his companions"

      This quote being located when Balin is telling Bilbo of what life is like in Erebor, once Bilbo is home, near the end of the book.

      Campinator Questions?

        Loading editor
    • Is this an actual disease, though? I always thought it plain greed.

      IthilionHeraldry Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë) 20:16, May 14, 2017 (UTC)

        Loading editor
    • I think it's just a way to describe immense greed, and it gets triggered by seeing a lot of valuable stuff, so they get super greedy.. and well, dwarves are very rich so they probably have many people being that greedy...

        Loading editor
    • Campinator wrote:

      Thindithron the Great wrote:

      00Fez wrote:

      Thindithron the Great wrote: Thorin just liked treasure and treated it all as his own. (Which it was, pretty much.) There's no 'dragon sickness'- just a love of the material.

      Who could possibly stuff a whole block into their face? Be realistic.

      The only quote we have from the Hobbit on Smaug's corpse said they could see his bones from the surface- no scales. I presume they rotted away.

      It is mentioned that after Bard gave him much dragon gold, the old master of Lake-town fled and went mad from dragon sickness. I can't be bothered atm to get a quote for it but Itd there I tell you!

      "From that treasure Bard sent much gold to the Master of Lake-town; and he rewarded his followers and friends freely."

      Nothing in there about dragon-sickness.

      Well actually....

      "...The old Master had come to a bad end. Bard had given him much gold for the help of the Lake-people, but being of the kind that easily catches such disease he fell under the dragon-sickness, and took most of the gold and fled with it, and died of starvation in the Waste, deserted by his companions"

      This quote being located when Balin is telling Bilbo of what life is like in Erebor, once Bilbo is home, near the end of the book.

      Campinator Questions?

      Ah, I see, looking in the wrong part. Still, dragon-sickness is just a synonym for greed.

        Loading editor
    • Thindithron the Great wrote:
      Thorin just liked treasure and treated it all as his own. (Which it was, pretty much.) There's no 'dragon sickness'- just a love of the material.

      Who could possibly stuff a whole block into their face? Be realistic.

      The only quote we have from the Hobbit on Smaug's corpse said they could see his bones from the surface- no scales. I presume they rotted away.

      A: You can eat a Gold Plated Apple and drink nuggets of Mithril, This is minecraft. remember Shrek is also in the Mod, so nothing's too unrealistic. And B: The Flesh block would work a little something like this: when holding the block, and you right click with it, if you are aiming at a block within your reach distance, then the flesh block would be placed, if there are no blocks in reach, it would then be eaten.

      A hard material like Dragon scales would take long to recompose. remember, Smaug was pretty dang large, so the scales could have just fallen off while the flesh slowly vanished. Individual scales would be incredibly hard to see from the lake's surface.

        Loading editor
    • Perhaps dragon sickness could be a condition where you need to get more valuable things or you would get negative effects? Idk if this is possible to code, so do not take this as a suggestion.

        Loading editor
    • Khuzdul1 wrote:

      Thindithron the Great wrote:
      Thorin just liked treasure and treated it all as his own. (Which it was, pretty much.) There's no 'dragon sickness'- just a love of the material.

      Who could possibly stuff a whole block into their face? Be realistic.

      The only quote we have from the Hobbit on Smaug's corpse said they could see his bones from the surface- no scales. I presume they rotted away.

      A: You can eat a Gold Plated Apple and drink nuggets of Mithril, This is minecraft. remember Shrek is also in the Mod, so nothing's too unrealistic. And B: The Flesh block would work a little something like this: when holding the block, and you right click with it, if you are aiming at a block within your reach distance, then the flesh block would be placed, if there are no blocks in reach, it would then be eaten.

      A hard material like Dragon scales would take long to recompose. remember, Smaug was pretty dang large, so the scales could have just fallen off while the flesh slowly vanished. Individual scales would be incredibly hard to see from the lake's surface.

      Meh. Dragon-scale armour is just so un-Tolkienish.

      GandalfStaffWhite Thindithron You cannot pass!GandalfStaffWhite

        Loading editor
    • Thindithron the Great wrote:

      Khuzdul1 wrote:

      Thindithron the Great wrote:
      Thorin just liked treasure and treated it all as his own. (Which it was, pretty much.) There's no 'dragon sickness'- just a love of the material.

      Who could possibly stuff a whole block into their face? Be realistic.

      The only quote we have from the Hobbit on Smaug's corpse said they could see his bones from the surface- no scales. I presume they rotted away.

      A: You can eat a Gold Plated Apple and drink nuggets of Mithril, This is minecraft. remember Shrek is also in the Mod, so nothing's too unrealistic. And B: The Flesh block would work a little something like this: when holding the block, and you right click with it, if you are aiming at a block within your reach distance, then the flesh block would be placed, if there are no blocks in reach, it would then be eaten.

      A hard material like Dragon scales would take long to recompose. remember, Smaug was pretty dang large, so the scales could have just fallen off while the flesh slowly vanished. Individual scales would be incredibly hard to see from the lake's surface.

      Meh. Dragon-scale armour is just so un-Tolkienish.

      GandalfStaffWhite Thindithron You cannot pass!GandalfStaffWhite

      It ouldn't make good armor, but would be cool for decor, especially if it could be used for tiling.

        Loading editor
    • S'moregoth wrote:

      Thindithron the Great wrote:

      Khuzdul1 wrote:

      Thindithron the Great wrote:
      Thorin just liked treasure and treated it all as his own. (Which it was, pretty much.) There's no 'dragon sickness'- just a love of the material.

      Who could possibly stuff a whole block into their face? Be realistic.

      The only quote we have from the Hobbit on Smaug's corpse said they could see his bones from the surface- no scales. I presume they rotted away.

      A: You can eat a Gold Plated Apple and drink nuggets of Mithril, This is minecraft. remember Shrek is also in the Mod, so nothing's too unrealistic. And B: The Flesh block would work a little something like this: when holding the block, and you right click with it, if you are aiming at a block within your reach distance, then the flesh block would be placed, if there are no blocks in reach, it would then be eaten.

      A hard material like Dragon scales would take long to recompose. remember, Smaug was pretty dang large, so the scales could have just fallen off while the flesh slowly vanished. Individual scales would be incredibly hard to see from the lake's surface.

      Meh. Dragon-scale armour is just so un-Tolkienish.

      GandalfStaffWhite Thindithron You cannot pass!GandalfStaffWhite

      It ouldn't make good armor, but would be cool for decor, especially if it could be used for tiling.

      Maybe. In that case, skeletons could also spawn in the Grey Mts.

      GandalfStaffWhite Thindithron You cannot pass!GandalfStaffWhite

        Loading editor
    • Khuzdul1 wrote: I know that Esgaroth and Erebor will be updated (Eventually), and this is not a suggestion for Lake town or The Dwarven Fortress. This is Merely a suggestion for some things to be included when(ever) they are added.


      Biomes:

      The Long Lake: a normal lake, but random variants of Charred and Rotten wood can be found along the lake's floor.

      Erebor: when a certain (or Random) amount of gold, silver, etc, etc is mined, the player will get the Dragons Sickness Effect. can only be removed by leaving the Erebor Biome.


      Structures:

      Smaug's Corpse: Randomly found somewhere under the lake's surface. Made of Blocks of Bone (see below) and Flesh Blocks (See below). When randomly walking around near the corpse, you can randomly pick up items (Coins, Random Ingots and Nuggets, Mithril being possible, but rare, and Dragon Scales and, Dragon Claws / Teeth. After a random time of picking up some of the Dragon's loot, they will get the Dragon Sickness Effect (See Below)

      Sunken House: a wooden structure found at the Long Lake's Floor. made of Charred and Rotten Wood. loot similar to the chests found in the destroyed houses in Eriador.


      Blocks:

      Flesh Block: made with 9 rotten flesh in a normal crafting table. found in the corpse of Smaug.  when stood on, the player will sink into it. can be eaten, and gives the as effects as eating rotten flesh, but 9 times over.

      Bone Block: it's basiclly the 1.10 Vanilla Block.


      Items:

      Dragon Scale: can be used to plate armour and make it stronger, and resistant to crossbow bolts and Arrows. Otherwise decorational.

      Dragon Teeth: Can be used to make a Dragon Sword. Otherwise decorational.

      Dragon Claws: Can be Used to Make a Dragon Sword. Otherwise decorational.


      Effects:

      Dragon Sickness: the Player can only get Dragon Sickness from going near the Corpse of Smaug. Gives the Player Nausea, Strength, Speed and a slow, Golden version of the Wither Effect. Also slowly Turns the player vision Golden.


      (I have no proof of Dragon Scales, Teeth and Claws being made into Armour and Weapons, but if a Dragon Slayer (or a person manages to find a dragon Corpse) wouldn't they like to show off and make Armour /  Weapons from it's Materials?)



      Thanks for reading!

      Edit: ~Adjusted title to ensure it covers the topic.

      Just FYI, Alte mentioned a while ago to me that suggesting how to implement something not yet implemented it just making more work for the mod team. I believe this was also mentioned in Mevan's blog post. If so, then suggestions like these should not be made until said faction is released/edited.

      SauronMace TheMaceOfSauron Fear the fish face, PersonSauronMace

        Loading editor
    • Thindithron the Great
      Thindithron the Great removed this reply because:
      Fixed my staff size :P
      07:01, May 15, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • TheMaceOfSauron wrote:

      Khuzdul1 wrote: I know that Esgaroth and Erebor will be updated (Eventually), and this is not a suggestion for Lake town or The Dwarven Fortress. This is Merely a suggestion for some things to be included when(ever) they are added.


      Biomes:

      The Long Lake: a normal lake, but random variants of Charred and Rotten wood can be found along the lake's floor.

      Erebor: when a certain (or Random) amount of gold, silver, etc, etc is mined, the player will get the Dragons Sickness Effect. can only be removed by leaving the Erebor Biome.


      Structures:

      Smaug's Corpse: Randomly found somewhere under the lake's surface. Made of Blocks of Bone (see below) and Flesh Blocks (See below). When randomly walking around near the corpse, you can randomly pick up items (Coins, Random Ingots and Nuggets, Mithril being possible, but rare, and Dragon Scales and, Dragon Claws / Teeth. After a random time of picking up some of the Dragon's loot, they will get the Dragon Sickness Effect (See Below)

      Sunken House: a wooden structure found at the Long Lake's Floor. made of Charred and Rotten Wood. loot similar to the chests found in the destroyed houses in Eriador.


      Blocks:

      Flesh Block: made with 9 rotten flesh in a normal crafting table. found in the corpse of Smaug.  when stood on, the player will sink into it. can be eaten, and gives the as effects as eating rotten flesh, but 9 times over.

      Bone Block: it's basiclly the 1.10 Vanilla Block.


      Items:

      Dragon Scale: can be used to plate armour and make it stronger, and resistant to crossbow bolts and Arrows. Otherwise decorational.

      Dragon Teeth: Can be used to make a Dragon Sword. Otherwise decorational.

      Dragon Claws: Can be Used to Make a Dragon Sword. Otherwise decorational.


      Effects:

      Dragon Sickness: the Player can only get Dragon Sickness from going near the Corpse of Smaug. Gives the Player Nausea, Strength, Speed and a slow, Golden version of the Wither Effect. Also slowly Turns the player vision Golden.


      (I have no proof of Dragon Scales, Teeth and Claws being made into Armour and Weapons, but if a Dragon Slayer (or a person manages to find a dragon Corpse) wouldn't they like to show off and make Armour /  Weapons from it's Materials?)



      Thanks for reading!

      Edit: ~Adjusted title to ensure it covers the topic.

      Just FYI, Alte mentioned a while ago to me that suggesting how to implement something not yet implemented it just making more work for the mod team. I believe this was also mentioned in Mevan's blog post. If so, then suggestions like these should not be made until said faction is released/edited.

      SauronMace TheMaceOfSauron Fear the fish face, PersonSauronMace

      It's just how I've seen an edible block being used before. just a suggestion how, not set in stone, that's how it should work.

        Loading editor
    • Khuzdul1 wrote:

      TheMaceOfSauron wrote:

      Khuzdul1 wrote: I know that Esgaroth and Erebor will be updated (Eventually), and this is not a suggestion for Lake town or The Dwarven Fortress. This is Merely a suggestion for some things to be included when(ever) they are added.


      Biomes:

      The Long Lake: a normal lake, but random variants of Charred and Rotten wood can be found along the lake's floor.

      Erebor: when a certain (or Random) amount of gold, silver, etc, etc is mined, the player will get the Dragons Sickness Effect. can only be removed by leaving the Erebor Biome.


      Structures:

      Smaug's Corpse: Randomly found somewhere under the lake's surface. Made of Blocks of Bone (see below) and Flesh Blocks (See below). When randomly walking around near the corpse, you can randomly pick up items (Coins, Random Ingots and Nuggets, Mithril being possible, but rare, and Dragon Scales and, Dragon Claws / Teeth. After a random time of picking up some of the Dragon's loot, they will get the Dragon Sickness Effect (See Below)

      Sunken House: a wooden structure found at the Long Lake's Floor. made of Charred and Rotten Wood. loot similar to the chests found in the destroyed houses in Eriador.


      Blocks:

      Flesh Block: made with 9 rotten flesh in a normal crafting table. found in the corpse of Smaug.  when stood on, the player will sink into it. can be eaten, and gives the as effects as eating rotten flesh, but 9 times over.

      Bone Block: it's basiclly the 1.10 Vanilla Block.


      Items:

      Dragon Scale: can be used to plate armour and make it stronger, and resistant to crossbow bolts and Arrows. Otherwise decorational.

      Dragon Teeth: Can be used to make a Dragon Sword. Otherwise decorational.

      Dragon Claws: Can be Used to Make a Dragon Sword. Otherwise decorational.


      Effects:

      Dragon Sickness: the Player can only get Dragon Sickness from going near the Corpse of Smaug. Gives the Player Nausea, Strength, Speed and a slow, Golden version of the Wither Effect. Also slowly Turns the player vision Golden.


      (I have no proof of Dragon Scales, Teeth and Claws being made into Armour and Weapons, but if a Dragon Slayer (or a person manages to find a dragon Corpse) wouldn't they like to show off and make Armour /  Weapons from it's Materials?)



      Thanks for reading!

      Edit: ~Adjusted title to ensure it covers the topic.

      Just FYI, Alte mentioned a while ago to me that suggesting how to implement something not yet implemented it just making more work for the mod team. I believe this was also mentioned in Mevan's blog post. If so, then suggestions like these should not be made until said faction is released/edited.

      SauronMace TheMaceOfSauron Fear the fish face, PersonSauronMace

      It's just how I've seen an edible block being used before. just a suggestion how, not set in stone, that's how it should work.

      Just quoting Alte, mate. Argue with him, not me, but posts like this are the things I got in trouble for.

        Loading editor
    • TheMaceOfSauron wrote:

      Khuzdul1 wrote:

      TheMaceOfSauron wrote:

      Khuzdul1 wrote: I know that Esgaroth and Erebor will be updated (Eventually), and this is not a suggestion for Lake town or The Dwarven Fortress. This is Merely a suggestion for some things to be included when(ever) they are added.


      Biomes:

      The Long Lake: a normal lake, but random variants of Charred and Rotten wood can be found along the lake's floor.

      Erebor: when a certain (or Random) amount of gold, silver, etc, etc is mined, the player will get the Dragons Sickness Effect. can only be removed by leaving the Erebor Biome.


      Structures:

      Smaug's Corpse: Randomly found somewhere under the lake's surface. Made of Blocks of Bone (see below) and Flesh Blocks (See below). When randomly walking around near the corpse, you can randomly pick up items (Coins, Random Ingots and Nuggets, Mithril being possible, but rare, and Dragon Scales and, Dragon Claws / Teeth. After a random time of picking up some of the Dragon's loot, they will get the Dragon Sickness Effect (See Below)

      Sunken House: a wooden structure found at the Long Lake's Floor. made of Charred and Rotten Wood. loot similar to the chests found in the destroyed houses in Eriador.


      Blocks:

      Flesh Block: made with 9 rotten flesh in a normal crafting table. found in the corpse of Smaug.  when stood on, the player will sink into it. can be eaten, and gives the as effects as eating rotten flesh, but 9 times over.

      Bone Block: it's basiclly the 1.10 Vanilla Block.


      Items:

      Dragon Scale: can be used to plate armour and make it stronger, and resistant to crossbow bolts and Arrows. Otherwise decorational.

      Dragon Teeth: Can be used to make a Dragon Sword. Otherwise decorational.

      Dragon Claws: Can be Used to Make a Dragon Sword. Otherwise decorational.


      Effects:

      Dragon Sickness: the Player can only get Dragon Sickness from going near the Corpse of Smaug. Gives the Player Nausea, Strength, Speed and a slow, Golden version of the Wither Effect. Also slowly Turns the player vision Golden.


      (I have no proof of Dragon Scales, Teeth and Claws being made into Armour and Weapons, but if a Dragon Slayer (or a person manages to find a dragon Corpse) wouldn't they like to show off and make Armour /  Weapons from it's Materials?)



      Thanks for reading!

      Edit: ~Adjusted title to ensure it covers the topic.

      Just FYI, Alte mentioned a while ago to me that suggesting how to implement something not yet implemented it just making more work for the mod team. I believe this was also mentioned in Mevan's blog post. If so, then suggestions like these should not be made until said faction is released/edited.

      SauronMace TheMaceOfSauron Fear the fish face, PersonSauronMace

      It's just how I've seen an edible block being used before. just a suggestion how, not set in stone, that's how it should work.
      Just quoting Alte, mate. Argue with him, not me, but posts like this are the things I got in trouble for.

      OK. Thanks for the Heads-up. will come in handy for the future. :)

        Loading editor
    • Look here. Not completely original.

        Loading editor
    • Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but this mod starts at Bilbo's birthday party. Smaug has been dead for 60 years. According to certain studies (I sadly enough have no source), a human body decays after 6 months underwater. For Smaug, it will go slower as he has thick armour, but eventually bacteria will find their way inside him through the gap in his armour, and his higher body temperature will also help his flesh being eaten quicker. So after 60 years, pretty much all flesh will have decayed. I don't think the flesh block is going to make it inside Smaug. I do agree with you that a Smaug skeleton would be nice, but I can imagine it being hard to code as the lake generates randomly. Mahtaran "There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for, Fandom User."
      Click me for another life lesson

        Loading editor
    • Mahtaran wrote: Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but this mod starts at Bilbo's birthday party. Smaug has been dead for 60 years. According to certain studies (I sadly enough have no source), a human body decays after 6 months underwater. For Smaug, it will go slower as he has thick armour, but eventually bacteria will find their way inside him through the gap in his armour, and his higher body temperature will also help his flesh being eaten quicker. So after 60 years, pretty much all flesh will have decayed. I don't think the flesh block is going to make it inside Smaug. I do agree with you that a Smaug skeleton would be nice, but I can imagine it being hard to code as the lake generates randomly.

      Well, I mentioned it, but your statement is better :,)

        Loading editor
    • TheodenOfRohan wrote: Well, I mentioned it, but your statement is better :,)

      Ah! I didn't see it as it was inside the quote! Mahtaran "Little by little, one travels far, Fandom User."
      Click me for another life lesson

        Loading editor
    • It would be fixed structure?

        Loading editor
    • KHAMULofHARDA wrote: It would be fixed structure?

      I guess, but it would be big and could be anywhere because I'm pretty sure there is no evidence on where he fell.

        Loading editor
    • The bone blocks (they they are added), would be hard to use to make a dragon, without making it huge. I don't have any suggestions to make it normal but good looking, but I was just pointing that out.

        Loading editor
    • (When making a dragon, you shouldn't worry about making it too big. They were.)

        Loading editor
    • What the hell are those small messages with my name on them? omg

        Loading editor
    • Gliphton wrote:
      What the hell are those small messages with my name on them? omg

      They are small messages with your name on them.  Duh.  :)

        Loading editor
    • S'moregoth wrote: They are small messages with your name on them.  Duh.  :)

      Reply of the year award!
      Forget about this:
      But back to the topic, on Tolkien's drawings Smaug is seen 25 meters long. This would be 25 blocks, which is not that big. The movies oversized him a lot. Edit: here's a canon (idk if it's the right term) drawing by Tolkien himself of Smaug. Notice Bilbo on the right. Smaug is tiny. SmaugDrawingTolkien
      Also, those small messages are signatures. Mahtaran "Never laugh at live dragons, Fandom User."
      Click me for another life lesson

        Loading editor
    • Mahtaran wrote:

      S'moregoth wrote: They are small messages with your name on them.  Duh.  :)

      Reply of the year award! But back to the topic, on Tolkien's drawings Smaug is seen 25 meters long. This would be 25 blocks, which is not that big. The movies oversized him a lot.

      Edit: here's a cannon (idk if it's the right term) drawing by Tolkien himself of Smaug. Notice Bilbo on the right. Smaug is tiny. SmaugDrawingTolkien Also, those small messages are signatures. Mahtaran "Courage is found in unlikely places, Fandom User."
      Click me for another life lesson

      Correct term, but it is spelled canon as far as 25 meters being small... I have no idea where you are getting that from because it's still 13 or 14 times larger than a man.

        Loading editor
    • Tolkien said the scale was off in that drawing.

      IthilionHeraldry Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë) 15:19, May 17, 2017 (UTC)

        Loading editor
    • Balrogs rode dragons...would that help sharpen the image?

        Loading editor
    • That just made it harder...

        Loading editor
    • Well, does anyone know how big Balrogs are? This'll probably just swivel the topic, but it's worth a try :')

        Loading editor
    • Yes, but remember, there are many different kinds of dragons. Smaug was just a fire-drake.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, the largest species. Smaug was the last great dragon of all time.

      IthilionHeraldry Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë) 01:22, May 18, 2017 (UTC)

        Loading editor
    • High King Ithilion wrote: Tolkien said the scale was off in that drawing.

      IthilionHeraldry Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë) 15:19, May 17, 2017 (UTC)

      Ah, didn't see that. Sorry. Forget my post. Mahtaran "All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you, Fandom User."
      Click me for another life lesson

        Loading editor
    • Also, I can't quote directly, but in "The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 2: The Book of Lost Tales Part Two, III: "The Fall of Gondolin"" it is stated that Balrogs are only twice the height of elves (source). Even if Smaug was only 25 meters long, they would still be able to ride on him. And, Smaug was smaller than the big dragons from the first era. It's not canon, but I think this is the most accurate:
      DragonSizeNonCanon Mahtaran "There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for, Fandom User."
      Click me for another life lesson

        Loading editor
    • Ancalagon was at a scale of 1:10000000000000000000km

      (Just a prank, but he is probably bigger than that I would say)

        Loading editor
    • I'm pretty sure this exact same argument about Ancalagon's size came up on some other forum :D

        Loading editor
    • TheodenOfRohan wrote: I'm pretty sure this exact same argument about Ancalagon's size came up on some other forum :D

      You meen this?. Also:
      DragonSizeNonCanon2
      Completely possible to fit that thing in Angband. Mahtaran "Any questions, Fandom User?"
      Click me for another life lesson

        Loading editor
    • Thindithron the Great wrote:
      The 'Dragon Sickness' thing is BS, on both counts. Movie propaganda.

      A block that can be eaten and placed? Crazy.

      No one ever dived down to the place where Smaug's bones lay, so no dragon scale armour from him at least. (His armour was made of precious gems anyway.)

      Please don't say movie propaganda. That just shows utter hate to the movies, and come on. Just because they didn't do exactly what the book did doesn't make the movies awful with so called 'Propaganda'. Just don't. Please.

        Loading editor
    • LordDainTheAwsome wrote:
      Thindithron the Great wrote:
      The 'Dragon Sickness' thing is BS, on both counts. Movie propaganda.

      A block that can be eaten and placed? Crazy.

      No one ever dived down to the place where Smaug's bones lay, so no dragon scale armour from him at least. (His armour was made of precious gems anyway.)

      Please don't say movie propaganda. That just shows utter hate to the movies, and come on. Just because they didn't do exactly what the book did doesn't make the movies awful with so called 'Propaganda'. Just don't. Please.

      They excluded the amazing and wonderful tom bombadil. Peter jackson is a terrible being. (just joking)

        Loading editor
    • Minecraftmage113 wrote: They excluded the amazing and wonderful tom bombadil. Peter jackson is a terrible being. (just joking)

      Yeah. How could they? Mahtaran "Never laugh at live dragons, Fandom User."
      Click me for another life lesson

        Loading editor
    • LordDainTheAwsome wrote:
      Thindithron the Great wrote:
      The 'Dragon Sickness' thing is BS, on both counts. Movie propaganda.

      A block that can be eaten and placed? Crazy.

      No one ever dived down to the place where Smaug's bones lay, so no dragon scale armour from him at least. (His armour was made of precious gems anyway.)

      Please don't say movie propaganda. That just shows utter hate to the movies, and come on. Just because they didn't do exactly what the book did doesn't make the movies awful with so called 'Propaganda'. Just don't. Please.

      It is movie propaganda. That's the best way to put it.

      IthilionHeraldry Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë) 15:43, May 18, 2017 (UTC)

        Loading editor
    • Has anyone heard that joke, that Tom Bombadil was hit by a car on the way to film? Or Somthing like that...

        Loading editor
    • Yes, it can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxhP7F1CftE

        Loading editor
    • Ram6 I wrote:
      Yes, it can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxhP7F1CftE

      beautiful... just beautiful.

        Loading editor
      • Discussion morphs from a suggestion about Smaug to an argument about the absence of Tom Bombadil in the movies*. Just about the average day here :,)
        Loading editor
    • TheodenOfRohan wrote:
      *Discussion morphs from a suggestion about Smaug to an argument about the absence of Tom Bombadil in the movies*. Just about the average day here :,)

      XD yup, thats pretty much it, almost everyone taking threads off topic and a few mods bothering to even say to get back on topic with a few deleting the posts.

        Loading editor
    • It's like a game of Telephone, tbh I usually get a nice laugh when I look at what a thread was originally about and then see what it has morphed into.

        Loading editor
    • Certain users here are specifically good at derailing...

      "They excluded the amazing and wonderful tom bombadil. Peter jackson is a terrible being. (just joking)"

      Back on topic guys.

      IthilionHeraldry Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë) 19:54, May 18, 2017 (UTC)

        Loading editor
    • High King Ithilion wrote:
      Certain users here are specifically good at derailing...

      "They excluded the amazing and wonderful tom bombadil. Peter jackson is a terrible being. (just joking)"

      Back on topic guys.

      IthilionHeraldry Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë) 19:54, May 18, 2017 (UTC)

      I remember someone up bringing up the films...

        Loading editor
    • That's different. He was asking people to stop something related to the subject. You went off on a tangent.

      IthilionHeraldry Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë) 20:30, May 18, 2017 (UTC)

        Loading editor
    • Well, I know I was the one who started talking about Tom- Wait. WE'RE STILL OFF TOPIC!

      Smaug. Bones. Scales. Long lake. Now we're back in topic. Did that help? XD

        Loading editor
    • HorseLordOfRohan wrote:
      Well, I know I was the one who started talking about Tom-

      Wait. WE'RE STILL OFF TOPIC!

      Smaug. Bones. Scales. Long lake. Now we're back in topic. Did that help? XD

      um, actually i was the one to start the tom bombadil discussion, but as far as getting back on topic would be saying an infinite source of loot is a tad bit OP help?

        Loading editor
    • Minecraftmage113 wrote:

      HorseLordOfRohan wrote:
      Well, I know I was the one who started talking about Tom-

      Wait. WE'RE STILL OFF TOPIC!

      Smaug. Bones. Scales. Long lake. Now we're back in topic. Did that help? XD

      um, actually i was the one to start the tom bombadil discussion, but as far as getting back on topic would be saying an infinite source of loot is a tad bit OP help?

      You mentioned him, 2 people responded, and then I told the joke, which made it worse...

        Loading editor
    • HorseLordOfRohan wrote: You mentioned him, 2 people responded, and then I told the joke, which made it worse...

      Guys, come on. Back on topic please. :p.

        Loading editor
    • Anyways, I think that have Smaug body at the bottom of the lake would be cool, but they shouldn't add it until they've added Helm's Deep or Minas Tirith. And if they did add it, there should be gold and treasure there, but not to much. Enough to make 5 or 6 gold blocks and maybe even a couple gems💎 would be good. (Don't change the topic!!!)

        Loading editor
    • Dragon sickness was more or less a mental disease that had no real effect other than possible hallucinations and being superstitious of even your coat rack ,none of this nausea stuff. Jeez

        Loading editor
    • Lol. I don't even have a coat rack. Happy me.

        Loading editor
    • Haha so be it

        Loading editor
    • With dragon sickness, we all have cost racks

        Loading editor
    • Legoarmy505 wrote: With dragon sickness, we all have cost racks

      Cost racks?

        Loading editor
    • Coat racks

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.