See also: Plotworld
Servers/The Second Server That Wont Rule Anything went public on November 21st, 2015. It is geared toward the dynamic of Good vs. Evil. When a player joins for the first time he/she must choose a side before entering Middle-earth. Be mindful, for once the choice is made you can not change your mind.
Credits: Thank-you DEMMERS for the creation of the modpack and the artwork.
The server has a discord channel. Discord is a place where people can chat while they play. It is easy to set up and it won't cost you anything. We try to keep a friendly chat community going and anyone who is planing to play on the server is welcome. Discord is by far the best way to contact a staff member if you ever have a problem. If your name on Discord is different than your Minecraft name, please tell us who you are.
This server uses command blocks to add a few new gameplay mechanics. One of the mechanics is the ability to store coins and experience through the use of a bank. A full list can be found in the book you receive when you enter the server. If this book is updated, you will receive an updated copy when you log in.
1. Welcome Message
- When you login, you get several messages in chat. The first message just welcomes you to the server. The second message gives you a link to the server's discord, website, this wiki, our Lords System and the rules. Discord is by far the best way to contact an admin if there is a problem or if you have questions, comments, concerns, etc.
- Every player gets one free teleport. At spawn, you can choose from several locations to teleport to. Choose wisely though, as you only get to do it once.
- There is a bank at spawn, which allows you to store your coins and use them to purchase things. You still need coins to hire units, so it is recommended to not deposit all your coins into the bank. You can also take your coins out of the bank quite easily. To check how many coins you have in the bank, simply press tab and look at the number beside your name.
4. World Resets
- From time to time, parts of the world will get reset, usually due to a mod update but possibly other reasons as well. It is always announced ahead of time. If you have stuff in or near (10000 blocks) the area that is going to be reset, you should notify an admin of its location so it can be excluded from the reset. As always everything that is deleted in the reset is saved elsewhere and can be restored if necessary.
|Staff of The Second Server That Wont Rule Anything|
Becoming a Staff memberEdit
We are not currently accepting any new staff for Admin or Mod positions. If and when we need more Staff for these positions, we will appoint those who are fit for the job. If you want to be a builder, prove your building skills by making something impressive on this server and show it to an admin or builder.
Warning! It is up to you to learn the rules of the server. I will ban people indiscriminately. I don't care if we just met or if you are one of my admins. The rules are here to make things fun and fair for everyone.
- Don't be a dick!
- Don't be a smartass, I don't want to hear "well technically the rules don’t say that".
- Use common sense. If you don't have any leave NOW!
- No one can claim or build within 300 meters of a public fast travel point. Only staff may do this for use in server builds.
- PvP is allowed in all regions except the Shire, The Misty Mountains, and Meneltarma.
- Do not kill hobbits within The Shire.
- The Shire is neutral territory and there will be no fighting, armies, killing of NPCs, or hostility of any kind. It is meant to be a safe place for all.
- A player's base and all hired units that are inside are not to be raided or attacked.
- All players must pick a side. You are Good or you are Evil. No middle ground, no half and half, It is one or the other.
- If you summon the Mallorn Ent or the Hill-troll Chieftan, you are responsible for anything that it destroys or anyone it kills.
- Himling, Tol Morwen, and Tol Fuin are reserved for Staff. We are using them for building and administrative purposes.
- Don't be annoying, irritating, or anything of that sort. Things like spamming and TALKING IN CAPS is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- This is a Lord of the Rings server. There is no use of the Overworld, Nether, or End. This includes any item that comes from any of those locations.
- Enchantments were previously allowed, but as of August 13th, 2017, all vanilla enchantments except Lure and Luck of the Sea, are banned. If you find yourself in possession of such an item, contact staff immediately to receive a replacement.
Violation of the rules will result in a mute, jail time, temp ban or perma ban depending on what you did and how many times you have done it.
Please don't be afraid to ask for clarification on any rules you don't understand. Enjoy the server!
If you were banned and you wish to make a ban appeal, you can do so by writing a ban appeal on our website. In your ban appeal, you will want to include the following:
- Your IGN
- The offense you committed that resulted in your ban.
- Why you deserve to be pardoned. This is an argument to convince the staff why you should be pardoned. Also, proper grammar and a calm, respectful attitude will increase your chances of getting pardoned.