|“||September came in with golden days and silver nights, and they rode at ease until they reached the Swanfleet river, and found the old ford, east of the falls where it went down suddenly into the lowlands.||”|
–The Return of The King, Many Partings
Swanfleet, also known as Nîn-in-Eilph, is a large swamp in the north-west of Middle-Earth. Swanfleet is found in-between Eriador, the Lone-Lands, Minhiriath, and Enedwaith. The Greyflood and Glanduin rivers flow through it, with many offshoot streams into the swamp. Swanfleet contains numerous swamp oak trees, with regular oak and birch trees sometimes generating as well. Upon entering Swanfleet you gain the achievement "Nîn-in-Eilph".
Swanfleet is somewhat more hospitable than the other marshlands, as it has greener grass and brighter skies than Nindalf, there are no wraiths in the water, as in the Dead Marshes, and there are no midges (Midgewater). There are, however, patches of quagmire, so you should carry a good shovel with you in case you fall in, or be very careful.
- Swanfleet Swamp Uplands: A version of the marshes with fewer pools, higher land generation, and many more trees.
- Swanfleet Swamp Lowlands: A variant of the marshes that is more or less flat, and is more like a vast pool choked with bits of land and quagmire.
There is no standard version of Swanfleet or any swamp biome.
- Gundabad Orc Camp - Camps for Gundabad Orcs that spawn randomly in Eriador. As with most camps, they contain tents, forge tents, crafting tables, skulls, orc torches, chests, small farms, and Gundabad Orc Chieftains.
- Ranger Camp - Camps for Rangers of the North that randomly spawn in Eriador. They contain 2-4 tents, a Ranger crafting table, Rangers, a wheat farm, and a Ranger Captain of the North.
- Ranger Watchtower - Guard towers that spawn randomly throughout Eriador and the surrounding regions. They contain a Ranger crafting table, a chest, two Rangers of the North and Ranger Banners.
- Ruined House - Rotting houses that contain chests, furnaces, and crafting tables.
Farm animals, boars, and a few other mobs spawn in these swamps.
- Gundabad Orc - Orcs from Mount Gundabad in the Misty Mountains allied only with themselves.
- Gundabad Orc Archer - Deadly Gundabad Orcs with bows or crossbows.
- Gundabad Orc Chieftain - NPCs from which the forces of Gundabad can be hired - for a price.
- Ranger of the North - Rangers that protect Eriador and the surrounding lands. Rangers can use Gondor Bows at range, iron daggers in close combat, and, when needed, can use their ability to vanish from sight.
- Ranger Captain of the North - NPCs from which Rangers of the North can be bought. They spawn in Ranger camps.
Swanfleet is a semi-wooded marsh. It has greener grass and leaves than other marshes.
Swanfleet contains numerous swamp oak trees (oak trees with vines growing on them), regular oak trees, some birch trees, and the large, branched oaks that seem to spawn more commonly here than in other places.
Berry bushes can also be found here.
The One Wiki to Rule Them All has an article on:
The Tolkien Gateway has an article on: