|“||...and out of Far Harad came black men like half-trolls with white eyes and red tongues.||”|
–The Return of the King, The Battle on the Pelennor Fields
Overall, Pertorogwaith's geographical features consist of dead trees, mostly acacia and oak, boulders, which are made of stone and hardened clay, scattered skulls, piles of waste blocks, and living acacia trees. Oak trees and piles of both cracked and ordinary bricks can also be found, along with a special new shade of light gray water unique to Pertorogwaith. Lava pools also spawn more often here. All of the islands surrounding Pertorogwaith are all volcanic islands, along with other sections of central Perotorogwaith. It is similar to Tolfalas, except even more desolate, and is slightly reminiscent of the Uruk Highlands, except with acacia trees and Half-trolls.
It is said that Pertorogwaith was once a picturesque land, until volcanic eruptions disrupted the ecosystem, and Sauron created the Half-trolls on the island of Tol Torog. The Half-trolls took over Pertorogwaith and turned it into a wasteland, making it their home over thousands of years.
Upon entering this biome you get the achievement "Monstrous Things".
Biome Variants Edit
- Flowers - A version of the biome with an abundance of flowers.
- Forest - A more forested version of the biome.
- Steppe - A very flat version of the biome.
- Barren Steppe - A steppe, but with no trees. Structures generate here very commonly.
- Hills - A hillier version of the biome.
- Mountain - A mountain that rises from the surrounding terrain.
- Light Forest - A lightly forested version of the biome.
- Dense Forest - A densely forested version of the biome.
- Dead Forest - A version of the biome forested with dead trees.
- Forest Hills - A forested version of the hill variant.
- Scrubland - Scrublands are typically areas with very poor, sandy and/or rocky soil. This results in very little tree growth and the vegetation is dominated by low growing scrubs (stunted trees / shrubbs) and bushes.
- Scrubland Hills - The scrubland hills are a hilly type of scrubland.
- Wasteland - Wasteland is a very barren biome and can vast stretches of the terrain consist of barren rock. The soil is generally very poor and vegetation is sparse. The landscape can both consist of flat plains and rolling hills.
- Half-troll House - One-room houses home to vicious Half-trolls. They contain crafting tables (Half-troll crafting table or vanilla), loot chests, and a fire pit in the center. Some houses have chimney-holes in the roof.
- Half-troll Warlord House - More elaborate Half-troll houses home to Half-troll Warlords. These houses are still one-room but are larger, and contain more loot, skulls, and Half-troll banners as well as all the features of normal houses.
Half-trolls dominate this foul southern land, and few others dare to live amongst them.
- Half-troll - Vicious savages that look like a mix of Men and Trolls.
- Half-troll Warrior - Warriors of the Half-trolls. They are more heavily armoured than the other Half-trolls and wield cunning weapons.
- Half-troll Scavenger - Half-trolls that sell odds and ends to the weary traveler. Unlike every other trader, they will attack those with negative Half-troll alignment with their poisoned daggers.
- Half-troll Warlord - Warlords that will sell the player Half-troll units, if he or she can afford them.
- Gemsbok - Passive antelope-like mobs. Their hide makes very nice looking armour.
- Rhino - Ridable mob that will attack when threatened.
Pertorogwaith mostly contains dead trees, but there are living acacia and oak trees here as well. Some patches of grass and dead trees are blasted or covered by boulders or piles of randomly spawned waste blocks. Ground vegetation includes wheat grass, thistles, and clovers. Giant Baobab trees also spawn in the forest variant.
Bushland (hills) •
Cloud forest •
Jungle (clearing, edge, lake, river) •