This page shows an overview of what's in the The Lord of the Rings Minecraft Mod mod to amaze and intrigue your friends:
In the current version (beta 28) the mod contains:
- 144 new biomes, covering not only the commonly known ones, like the Shire or Mordor but also far-away “exotic” regions like Pertorogwaith (home of the Half-trolls) or the wine-growing Dorwinion. Some of them coming in any of 24 biome variants for even more variation.
- 23 different factions to join or fight with: you are not limited to just Hobbits, Elves or Orcs, but you can also join the Ents of Fangorn or the jungle warriors of the Tauredain. Each of them comes with its own banners, weapons, armours, etc.
- 25 new weapon types, like battlestaves , halberds, lances, blowguns, crossbows, etc. You can even throw conkers and pebbles at your foes!
- 184 new mobs, ranging from tiny midges to the almighty balrog. Most of them, however, are various NPCs like Elves, Dwarves, Hobbits, Humans and Orcs.
- 27 new trees, from the humble Shire pine to the giant mallorn trees of Lothlórien. Each of them comes with its own type of wood from which you can craft specific planks, slabs, stairs, or fences. In addition, there are 27 new tree variants that only grow in specific biomes.
- 95 new food items, including various , a good selection of alcoholic beverages (from light ale to potent vodka) and of course, no journey in Middle-Earth would be complete without some lembas and Rabbit Stew.
- 2 new dimensions – you can travel from the Middle Earth dimension to the "regular" Minecraft over-world via one of several types of portals. There is also a specific dimension for the hell-like fortress of Utumno.
- 419 new achievements: some for obvious things like killing a Mirk-troll or for mining some mithril ore, but there are also some for achieving a fearsome level of alcohol tolerance or even riding a giraffe into the Shire.