|“||Far and wide [Shelob's] lesser broods, bastards of the miserable mates, her own offspring, that she slew, spread from glen to glen, from the Ephel Dúath to the eastern hills, to Dol Guldur and the fastnesses of Mirkwood.||”|
–The Two Towers, Shelob's Lair
Nan Ungol (Sindarin: Valley of Spiders) is located in the southwest corner of Mordor. Nan Ungol is like the rest of Mordor, except for the webs of Ungoliant scattered around, the evil Mordor Spiders, and the higher structure-spawning rate. The land is dark, the terrain composing of Mordor Rock, and the sky is darkened by the ash and dust coming from Mount Doom, protecting the Orcs from the sun and allowing them to spawn at any point in the day. Mordor Spiders also spawn and can be hired from Mordor Orc Spider Keepers. It's definitely not a good idea to enter Mordor through this side of the country, but if you're geared enough, this region can give a huge alignment bonus, because killing spiders gives you alignment, and the spiders are indeed plentiful...
Upon entering Nan Ungol, the player earns the achievement The Spawn of Ungoliant
- Mordor Towers - Tall towers made of Mordor bricks. The windows are made of Orc Steel bars. Inside are three Orc Bombs, barrels of Orc Draught, Mordor Orcs, and (at the top of the tower) Mordor Orc Chieftains.
- Orc Camps - Camps with 2-4 tents that are made of black wool and charred fences containing one chest, 0-2 Mordor Forge Tents, which are made of Mordor Brick and contain Orc Forges, skulls on fences, orc torches, and a Morgul crafting table. Mordor Orcs spawn here, as well as Mordor Orc Traders.
- Spider Pits - Similar to Warg Pits, except they contain Mordor Spiders. These can be hired from Mordor Spider Keepers that spawn in the pits.
- Mordor Orcs (can be riding a Mordor Spider) - Evil Orcs of Mordor, equipped with Orc Armour, and armed with (interchangably) Orc scimitars, spears, battleaxes, warscythes, or war-hammers.
- Mordor Orc Archer (can be riding a Mordor Spider) - Mordor Orcs equipped with Orc bows.
- Mordor Orc Bombadiers - Mordor Orcs with Orc Bombs. Very destructive, and when the bomb has been used the Bombardier will switch to a sword.
- Olog-hai - Trolls bred by Sauron to not turn to stone in the sun. They are armored and carry giant hammers.
- Mordor Orc Commanders - Mordor Orc Commander spawn in Mordor Towers from whom you can hire all of the above. Chieftains can be equip with both Fur armour and Orcish armor. They carry a silver coin in their right hand and an Orc Skull staff in their left. They hold a silver coin in their hand to signify that they are traders. When attacked, they defend themselves with their staffs.
- Mordor Orc Traders - Mordor Orc Traders spawn in Orc Camps from whom you can buy and sell goods. They are equipped with Fur armour, they carry coins and use daggers (which may be poisoned) to defend themselves.
- Mordor Spiders - Large spiders that spawn in Nan Ungol. They come in different sizes and some can poison you. They can be ridden by Mordor orcs and Mordor Orc Archers. They can be bought from Mordor Orc Spider Keepers.
- Mordor Orc Spider Keepers - Mordor traders that spawn in Spider Pits from whom you can hire Mordor Spiders and Mordor Spider Riders. They hold a silver coin in their hand to signify that they are traders.
Three ores are exclusive to Mordor, although no other ores spawn here as Mordor is made of Mordor Stone. Durnaur ore spawns here, and is used for Orc torches among other uses. Morgul Iron Ore is also exclusive to Mordor, and can be smelted into Orc Steel Ingots, Nan Ungol is a very good place to find Morgul Iron because of how low in elevation it is, commonly, it is about 64 blocks above bedrock, where the ore spawns, and you can easily travel around and mine the ore from the ground if you are short on [[Orc Steel Ingot|Orc Steel Ingots . Gulduril ore also spawns here, and is used (among other uses) for making Morgul portals back to the Overworld.
The One Wiki to Rule Them All has an article on: