The Lossarnach Captain spawns in Lossarnach Fortresses. They are easily recognizable by their missing helms, Red capes, and the coin in their hand. They allow you to command the forces of Lossarnach, provided that you have enough alignment and silver coins.
Upon hiring a unit from a Lossarnach captain, the player earns the achievement "Forlong's Axes"
Similar to most traders, Lossnarch captains will stay inside their fortresses. They will not attack unless provoked, even if the player or NPC approaching them has a negative Gondorian alignment. If attacked, they fight with a Lossnarch Battleaxe, dealing 8 () per hit to an unarmoured foe.
If a Lossnarch captain is hurt, he will heal very quickly, as long as he's not in combat. In that regard he is similar to hired units.
|Unit||Cost (in silver coins)||Alignment|
|Lossarnach Banner Bearer||50||+350|
- Do you seek to command the warriors of Lossarnach, Person?
- Our forces can be yours to command for only a small sum of silver.
- Our soldiers need paying, Person!
- Bring some silver coins and you can have some hired axes.
- Are you here with the intention of hiring my soldiers?
- I can grant you some warriors in return for silver coins.
- The Men of Lossarnach now respect you enough to follow you into battle, Person.
- The people of Lossarnach trust you, Person. You may command our valiant axe-warriors.
- Do you wish to command the mighty armies of Lossarnach?
- For a few dozen silver coins, you can command very valiant and loyal soldiers.
- If you wish to take my troops to battle, you'll have to pay for them!
- Give me some silver coins and I'll give you some axemen!
- Only strong friends of Lossarnach may command our armies, Person.
- If you wish to command the forces of Lossarnach, you must prove that we can trust you.
- Are you friend or foe, Person?
- They say you are a friend of Lossarnach, but I cannot be sure until you have done more good.
- One does not simply command soldiers of Lossarnach without earning some reputation first.
- You are not yet thought of highly enough to lead our soldiers into battle, Person.
- Show us that you can be trusted, Person, and we will allow you to lead our soldiers.
- You wish to command my soldiers? You'll have to prove yourself to the people of Lossarnach first, Person.
- Only a true friend of Lossarnach can lead our valiant axemen into battle.
- You'll have to prove yourself as an ally of Lossarnach before you can command my axes, Person.
- You must do more good deeds for the people of Lossarnach if you wish to command our armies.
- Prove your allegiance to Lossarnach and I will let you command my warriors.
|The Men of Gondor|
Soldier (Archer, Banner Bearer, Tower Guard)