|“|| Float beyond the world of trees|
Out into the whispering breeze,
Past the rushes, past the reeds,
Past the marsh’s waving weeds,
Through the mist that riseth white
Up from mere and pool at night!
–Wood-elves, The Hobbit
Long Marshes is a swamp in north-west of Wilderland, also bordering Northern Mirkwood. Upon entering Long Marshes you gain the achievement "Past the Rushes, Past the Reeds". It was added in Public Beta 25
Long Marshes isn't as pretty as, for example, Swanfleet, but it isn't a wasteland like Nindalf. A lot of quagmire chunks spawn here, so you should carry a shovel with you if you somehow get into it. The humid landscape constantly evaporates some mist which blurres the vision.
- Long Marshes Swamp Uplands: A version of the marshes with fewer pools, higher land generation, and many more trees.
- Long Marshes Swamp Lowlands: A variant of the marshes that is more or less flat, and is more like a vast pool choked with bits of land and quagmire.
There is no standard version of Long Marshes or any swamp biome.
- Gundabad Orc Camp - Camps for Gundabad Orcs that spawn randomly in the north of Middle-Earth. As with most camps, they contain tents, forge tents, crafting tables, skulls, orc torches, chests, small farms, and Gundabad Orc Chieftains.
- Ruined House - Rotting houses that contain chests, furnaces, and crafting tables.
Many Gundabad Mobs spawn here.
- Gundabad Orc- Orcs from Mount Gundabad in the Misty Mountains allied only to themselves.
- Gundabad Orc Archer- Gundabad Orcs with bows and arrows.
- Gundabad Wargs- Vicious predators of Gundabad, armed only with their teeth.
The predominant vegetation in the Long Marshes are swamp oak trees. Green oaks also grow there, but much less often. The undergrowth consists of the regular flora found in many swamp and marsh lands.
The Tolkien Gateway has an article on: