The Hobbit bartender is a good and friendly trader NPC, who will be happy to trade with anyone that is not evil. They sell much food and buy materials to produce even more food.
Upon trading with a Hobbit bartender, the player earns the achievement "Welcome Customer".
Hobbit bartenders will keep their place behind the bar of their tavern, waiting for anyone who wants to buy drinks or food. When you kill anyone in the tavern or have a negative Hobbit alignment, Hobbit bartenders will refuse to trade with you.
When attacked, they will try to flee.
In each tavern, one bartender will spawn behind the bar table. They will not naturally spawn anywhere else.
Below is a table of values for each item that the player is available to purchase from this NPC. Use this table to find out if your bartender is giving you a good deal or not. Each Hobbit bartender will not have every item listed for sale.
|Items Sold||Price Range||Image|
|Steak||5-9 ( to )|
|Cooked Porkchop||5-9 ( to )|
|Cooked Mutton||5-9 ( to )|
|Cooked Chicken||5-8 ( to )|
|Bread||4-6 ( to )|
|6 x Pipeweed||5-8 ( to )|
|Hobbit Pipe||11-19 ( to )|
|Wooden Mug||2-3 ( to )|
|Ceramic Mug||2-3 ( to )|
|2 x Baked Potato||5-9 ( to )|
|Cooked Fish||5-8 ( to )|
|Mug of Chocolate||3-5 ( to )|
|Apple Juice||5-8 ( to )|
|Orange Juice||5-8 ( to )|
|Gammon||5-9 ( to )|
|Cooked Venison||5-9 ( to )|
|Cooked Rabbit||5-8 ( to )|
|Rabbit Stew||8-13 ( to )|
|Mushroom Stew||8-13 ( to )|
|Mushroom Pie||8-13 ( to )|
|Hobbit Pancake||8-13 ( to )|
|Plate||2-3 ( to )|
|Hobbit Marriage Ring||11-18 ( to )|
|Hobbit Oven||30-50 ( to )|
|Hobbit Crafting Table||30-50 ( to )|
|Light Ale||5-8 ( to )|
|Moderate Ale||6-10 ( to )|
|Strong Ale||8-13 ( to )|
|Light Cider||5-8 ( to )|
|Moderate Cider||6-10 ( to )|
|Strong Cider||8-13 ( to )|
|Light Perry||5-8 ( to )|
|Moderate Perry||6-10 ( to )|
|Strong Perry||8-13 ( to )|
Below is a table of values for each item that the player can sell to this NPC. Use this table to earn more money by only selling when the prices are high. You will not be able to sell every item to every bartender as each Hobbit bartender will not want to purchase every item listed below.
Upon selling pipeweed to a Hobbit bartender, the player earns the achievement "Street Credit".
|Items Bought||Average Price||Image|
|Raw Beef||2-4 ( to )|
|Raw Porkchop||2-4 ( to )|
|Raw Mutton||2-4 ( to )|
|Raw Chicken||2-4 ( to )|
|Raw Rabbit||2-4 ( to )|
|Raw Venison||2-4 ( to )|
|Clay Mug||1-1 ( to )|
|Clay Plate||1-1 ( to )|
|Pipeweed Leaf||1-1 ( to )|
|2 x Potato||1-1 ( to )|
|Raw Fish||2-3 ( to )|
|Four-leaf Clover||30-50 ( to )|
|Bucket||2-4 ( to )|
|Water Bucket||3-5 ( to )|
|2 x Coal||1-1 ( to )|
|Salt||9-15 ( to )|
- Good day, Person.
- Good day!
- Welcome to The Old Elf.
- Welcome to The Old Elf, Person!
- Another customer! How are you?
- Do you like ale? We have plenty here.
- The Old Elf is as fine a place to get drunk as you've ever seen.
- This is The Old Elf. The best tavern in all the Shire!
- And what'll it be today, Person?
- Looking for a drink?
- Looking for a drink, Person?
- Don't you have any silver coins?
- Silver coins for your dinner?
- Here at The Old Elf, we trade in silver coins!
- If you have the coins, I have the goods!
- Welcome to the finest tavern west of Bree!
- What can I get you, Person?
- You'll find the finest ale here, Person!
- For a few silver coins, I can get you anything your stomach desires!
- Get out!
- Get out of The Old Elf!
- I won't have you causing trouble in my tavern, #. Get out!
- You're not welcome in The Old Elf.
- No ale for you!
- No ale for you, Person.
- We don't take kindly to folk like you round here.
- I shan't be serving you anything!
- No troublemakers like you in The Old Elf.
- Nasty folk like you aren't welcome in The Old Elf.
- Hey, Person! Get out of my tavern!
- Get out before I call the Shirriffs!
- I don't serve troublemakers in The Old Elf!
- I will give you nothing for dinner tonight, Person!
- I don't serve queer folk like you!
- You won't be getting anything from me, Person!
- Get out of here, you dirty blighter!
- I don't want no trouble in here, Person.
- Let's not be having no trouble, now.
- I shan't be thinking I'll be serving you anything.
- No thank-you, Person!
- No thank-you! We don't want any of your sort in here.
|The Little Folk of the Shire|
Hobbit (Farmhand, Shirriff)
Travelling item traders: