Complete missing info.
|“||The region of South Gondor became a debatable land between the Corsairs and the Kings.||”|
–The Return of the King, Appendix A: Annals of the Kings and Rulers
Harondor, commonly also known as South Gondor, is a heavily contested semi-desert area located in the south of Ithilien, and north of Harnedor. It is bordered by the rivers Poros and Harnen in north and south respectively, and by the impressive Ephel Dúath mountain range of Mordor and the 'wide emptiness' of Lostladen to the east.
Although Rangers of Ithilien patrol the region, the warriors of Harnedor are also present here, hellbent on driving the Men of Gondor from their ancestral homeland. As conflict poses a continuous threat to any traveller, no Travelling Traders frequent this land, and not even Oddment Collectors drop by for a bargain.
The environment of Harondor is similar to the vanilla plains biome with scatterings of stone and sand, and the occasional tree. Players should be wary of entering this biome, as both good and evil aligned players will see battle here. Because of its border with the sea, it is possible to bypass this area by use of a boat or barrel.
Once upon a time, Harondor was the homeland of the Harnedhrim, but they were challenged when Gondor was founded. The Gondorians took over the land and attempted to completely remove the Harnedhrim from it, forcing them to the lands of Harnedor. The Harnedhrim are only now capable of an attempt to take their home back, and the charred remnants of their ancient homes can still be found here.
Upon entering Harondor one gains the achievement: "Southward Bound."
- Standard - Normal Harondor biome. Small clusters of trees and stone boulders dot the landscape.
- Forest - Forest covered lands.
- Light Forest - Lightly forested lands.
- Steppe - A flat landscape of grassy plains.
- Barren Steppe - These barren plains stretch over vast area's and have even less vegetation.
- Hills - A hilly landscape with a higher average elevation.
- Forested Hills - A landscape with forest covered hills.
- Oak Shrublands - Forest covered lands with a lower tree density than regular forests, but with a very thick undergrowth of shrubs.
- Scrubland - Scrublands are typically areas with very poor, sandy and/or rocky soil. This results in very little tree growth and the vegetation is dominated by low growing scrubs (stunted trees / shrubbs) and bushes.
- Scrubland Hills - The scrubland hills are a hilly type of scrubland.
- Wasteland - Wasteland is a very barren biome and can vast stretches of the terrain consist of barren rock. The soil is generally very poor and vegetation is sparse. The landscape can both consist of flat plains and rolling hills.
The Harnedhrim have begun to return here, setting up watchtowers to guard against the rangers and returning to the ruins of their old villages. At this time, the Rangers of Ithilien have built nothing here, but remnants of Gondorian rule are still clearly present.
- Ruined Gondor Tower - Two floored tower with battlements on the top. Includes a bed and Gondorian crafting table along with other useful items.
- Gondor Obelisk - Slim tower with a Beacon of Gondor on top.
- Harnedor Watchtower - Wooden towers hastily assembled by the Harnedhrim to assert their control over the land.
- Ruined Harnedor Village - Destroyed versions of the Harnedor Village, which contain charred versions of the Harnedor house and tavern off a forsaken dirt path.
- Harnedor Desert Camp - Small camps made by and for the Harnedhrim. These camps contain two fenced camels, Harnedhrims, a small well, and some Southron tents, which contain a bed, two chests, two craftng tables (one Haradric, one normal,) and a barrel of Arak.
- Mûmak Skeleton - The bleached skeletons of once-mighty Mumakil.
Harondor is a biome highly contested between the Rangers of Ithilien and the Southron Warriors.
- Rangers of Ithilien - Men of Gondor similar to Rangers of the North, except that their capes are emblazoned with the White Tree of Gondor, and the Gondorian Swords that they wield in close combat.
- Harnedor Warriors - Warriors of the Men of Harnedor, equipped with Harnedhrim Armour and Haradric weapons.
- Harnedor Archers - Archers of the Men of Harnedor, equipped with Harnedhrim Armour and Haradric bows.
- Southron Warriors (can be mounted )- Warriors of the men that live in the desert of Near Harad.
- Southron Archers - Southron Warriors armed with bows.
- Southron Champions - description missing.
- Nomad Guards - description missing.
- Nomad Archers - description missing.
Beneath Harondor all the normal ores can be found, but lapis lazuli is exclusive to this biome and the rest of Near Harad.
The dry grass, sandy soils and the presence of cacti and dead bushes show that Harondor is a relatively dry and warm land. Despite the draught, desert oaks are found very commonly, and the landscape and vegetation density is quite variable, especially in the north. Both vast treeless steppes and forested hills can be found throughout the area, and rivers carve out deep beds in the poor, sandstone supported soil. Majestic cedars dominate the forests, and various citrus trees can be found as colourful and nourishing gems.
The One Wiki to Rule Them All has an article on:
The Tolkien Gateway has an article on: