To be completed by any available volunteer!
The Gulf of Harad is the coastal region in the east of Near Harad which is home to the Gulfings. This land is shaped and nourished by the Gulf of Harad, which borders the region to the south and east. The region covers the area south-east of the Great Desert and north-east of the Far Harad Grasslands. This part of Near Harad is still relatively dry, but fertile and home to a flourishing sub-faction of Near Haradrim who are known as the Gulfings.
The surface terrain is a mix of grass, dirt, sand and red sand. The composition of the terrain varies smoothly over scales of a few hundred blocks - so one may find scrubby regions with plenty of sand and dirt, lush green regions with only scattered small patches of sand and dirt, and regions anything in-between.
The Gulfings enjoy a relatively safe geographical situation resulting in only little to no hostilities on their own soil. The population is spread out and inhabits villages and towns. Their allegiance with their Near Haradrim kin and consequently the forces of Mordor, make that they too have a ready-for-combat military presence in the form of a standing army, mustered in military encampments spread thrughout the lands.
The land doesn't receive lots of rainfall but its climate and soils are friendly and nourish plenty of tropical surprises. The region is home to two unique species: the White Oryx antelope and the Dragonblood Tree. The latter dominates the only sub-biome of the region, the Gulf of Harad Forest, which is situated on the eastern peninsula.
Upon entering this region, players unlock the achievement: Eastern Shores.
Gulf of Harad Forest Edit
This ancient forest is predominantly a forest of Dragonblood Trees. It is located on the peninsula in the south-east of Near Harad, that penetrates into the eastern seas and forms a barrier between the Gulf of Harad and the vast sea. The peninsula has a local climate that proves optimal for growth of the unique Dragonblood trees, a species that is known to be able to cope with harsh, dry and windy conditions and grow extremely old.
- Flowers - A version of the biome with an abundance of flowers.
- Forest - A more forested version of the biome.
- Light Forest - A lightly forested version of the biome.
- Steppe - A very flat version of the biome.
- Barren Steppe - A steppe, but with no trees. Structures generate here very commonly.
- Hills - A hillier version of the biome.
- Forest Hills - A forested version of the hill variant.
- Scrubland - Scrublands are typically areas with very poor, sandy and/or rocky soil. This results in very little tree growth and the vegetation is dominated by low growing scrubs (stunted trees / shrubbs) and bushes.
- Sandy Scrublands - A very sandy version of aforementioned scrublands.
- Sandy Scrubland Hills - A hilly version of the Samdy Scrublands..
- Orange Orchard - An orchard containing orange trees.
- Lemon Orchard - An orchard containing lemon trees.
- Lime Orchard - An orchard containing lime trees.
- Olive Orchard - An orchard containing olive trees.
- Almond Orchard - An orchard containing almond trees.
- Plum Orchard - An orchard containing plum trees.
- Date Orchard - An orchard containing date trees.
The Gulfings inhabit villages and towns. These are comprised of a number of various individual structures all (to be!) listed below:
- Gulfing Settlement - Further detailing and description to be added.
Alongside the Gulfings, also Morwaith mercenaries are mustered for the war in the north, and reside in temporary camps in the area:
- Morwaith Mercenary Camp - Description to be added.
Finally, there are also silent witnesses of cultures and events from the past:
- Harad Obelisk - Description to be added.
- Mûmak Skeleton - Made out of bone blocks, these structures are the remains of Mumakil who have died, either from natural causes, or through violence.
To be completed.
This land is home to the Gulfings of Near Harad.
- Gulfing - Description to be added.
- Gulfing Warrior - Description to be added.
- Gulfing Archer - Description to be added.
- Morwaith Mercenaries - Description to be added.
To be completed.
As in the other regions of Near Harad, beneath the Gulf of Harad all the normal ores can be found, and lapis lazuli.
To be completed.
The map of Near Harad has undergone a massive transition with Update 34. Fans of doggos and in particularly the perceived 'Haradoggo' in the 'map of Near Harad pre-Update-34', passionately lead by the inimitable Dragonovith, had launched a massive promotional action to pursuade the Mod Team to not let Haradoggo go with the introduction of Update 34. This resulted in the Haradoggo-shaped island in the north-east of the Gulf of Harad.