|“||Yet, Master Peregrin, we have this honour: ever we bear the brunt of the chief hatred of the Dark Lord, for that hatred comes down out of the depths of time and over the deeps of the Sea. Here will the hammer-stroke fall hardest. For if we fall, who shall stand?||”|
–Beregond about Gondor in The Return of the King, Minas Tirith
Gondor Soldiers are the bulk of the fighting force of Gondor. They defend their homeland from evil creatures such as Mordor Orcs. They wear tough Gondorian armour and fight with sturdy Gondorian swords, warhammers and spears.
Gondor Archers are similar to Gondor Soldiers, but they use bows and arrows instead of melee combat. Gondor Tower Guards are a special type of soldier who guard the Beacon Towers and are distinguished by their winged helmets.
Gondor Soldiers will defend their home to the last man! Gondor Soldiers attack any sort of evil creature and take unkindly to the player if they have a negative alignment to Gondor. When they see something that doesn't belong in Gondor, they will charge at it and try to kill it.
|Spear||4 () (melee), 5 () (throw)|
|Sword, Lance*||4-5 ( to )|
*Only mounted Gondorian soldiers will ever wield lances.
Gondor Soldiers spawn throughout the land of Gondor. They can spawn in any light level, but only on top of grass blocks. Soldiers naturally spawned in this way will continually spawn and despawn over time, similar to other mobs. They can sometimes spawn riding a horse; if so, the horse will be armoured.
Gondor Soldiers can spawn wielding any of these four weapons; sword, warhammer, spear or dagger. The most common units, however, are swordsmen.
Additionally, Gondor Fortresses will generate with Gondor Soldiers. The soldiers in the fortresses do not despawn. If they are killed or somehow removed from their position, the structure will spawn more soldiers to replace them.
You can hire these soldiers from a Gondorian Captain, to be found in Gondor Fortresses, if you have a Gondor alignment of at least +150. They cost 30 Silver Coins, and are the cheapest Gondorian unit. When hiring Gondor Soldiers, they will be wielding a random Gondorian Melee Weapon. They can also be purchased for the same price from Lebennin Levymasters, found in Pelargir fortresses and watchforts, but have a Gondor alignment requirement of +200. A mounted variant will cost you 50 silver coins and +250 alignment.
|Average armour.||No ranged attack|
|Average health.||Weak against mounted foes (Warg riders) unless mounted|
|Can spawn mounted.||Black uruks can make short work of them.|
|Their low cost and alignment requirement allows a new player to hire a large army early on in the game.||Very weak against Olog-hai and other trolls|
- I long to see a king on the throne of Gondor again.
- It is a shame that you could not have come to Gondor in happier days, [username].
- I hope to see the glory of Gondor restored someday.
- I am a knight of Gondor.
- Gondor is not as great as it once was.
- These are dark times. A great power is rising in the East.
- We are truth-speakers, we men of Gondor.
- Welcome to Gondor.
- Welcome to Gondor, [username].
- Welcome, [username]. What business brings you to Gondor?
- For Gondor!
- No pity for the foes of Gondor!
- This is a fell hour for Gondor indeed!
- Sons of Gondor! Hold your ground!
- By the White Tree, I will see you slain!
- You are an enemy of the throne of Gondor, [username]!
- Your death shall be swift, [username]!
- I swear to Gondor that your death shall be swift!
- Enemies have entered Gondor!
- You may go no further. You will not enter Gondor!
- You are a true friend of Gondor, [username].
- The foes of Gondor shall fall before us!
- I fight for Gondor, [username].
- Today, we fight! For Gondor!
- For Gondor!
- May our deeds restore Gondor to its former glory!
- Our enemies are right to fear the might of Gondor, [username]!
- Public Beta 2: Added Gondor Soldiers to the mod.
- Public Beta 8: Gondor Soldiers are now capable of riding horses.
- Public Beta 20: Gondor Soldiers now carry shields.
- Public Beta 29: The helmet's texture was updated and they now spawn less commonly.
- Gondor Soldiers were the first good-aligned fighting NPC to be added to the mod. They were followed by Galadhrim Warriors (then simply called Elf Warriors).
- When unit hiring was first added to the mod, Gondor Soldiers could be hired for 10 coins and +100 alignment.
|The Men of Gondor|
Soldier (Archer, Banner Bearer, Tower Guard)