To view the corresponding page on the Minecraft Wiki, click here.
The gold nugget is an item from vanilla Minecraft that is also used in the Lord of the Rings Mod.
- Gold nuggets can be obtained from various treasure chests, such as in ruined Dúnedain towers, ruined houses, and rich Hobbit holes.
- Some NPCs, such as Dunlending bartenders, occasionally drop gold nuggets upon death.
- In addition, you can also turn a gold ingot into nine gold nuggets.
- A more unconventional way of finding gold nuggets, however, is to obtain mystery webs by slaying Mirkwood spiders, or digging up remains in the Dead Marshes.
- The most important use for gold nuggets is making the Gold Ring, which, in turn, is used to make the Ring Portal to grant you access to Middle-earth.
- Other less important uses for gold nuggets include making a golden carrot (to breed horses),
- giving them to a Dwarf who requires them, and
- for making the Red Book, if you lost the one you spawned with, or you're playing in a multiplayer game.
- Since Public Beta 13 you can trim Dwarven bricks with them, since Public Beta 25 also Elven bricks.
- Since Public Beta 22 you can use them to trim Dwarven armour.
- Gold nuggets can't be sold directly, but they can be sold to a blacksmith of Rohan or Gondor if you convert nine of them into a gold ingot.