FANDOM


Fishing is a game mechanic that exists in the vanilla game, but has been changed in the mod.

Possible CatchesEdit

This table lists the items that may be fished in the mod. When using an unenchanted fishing rod, a player has a 70% chance of catching fish, a 10% chance of catching junk, and a 20% chance of catching treasure.

Item Type Maximum durability Chance in Category Overall Chance
Fish Fish 60% 42%
Salmon Fish 25% 17.5%
Clownfish Fish 2% 1.4%
Pufferfish Fish 13% 9.1%
Fishing Rod Junk 10% 2.577% 0.258%
Wooden Sword Junk 50% 1.031% 0.103%
Wooden Axe Junk 50% 1.031% 0.103%
Wooden Pickaxe Junk 50% 1.031% 0.103%
Wooden Shovel Junk 50% 1.031% 0.103%
Wooden Hoe Junk 50% 1.031% 0.103%
Leather Hat Junk 5.155% 0.515%
Leather Helmet Junk 50% 2.577% 0.258%
Leather Boots Junk 50% 2.577% 0.258%
Bone Helmet Junk 50% 1.031% 0.103%
Bone Boots Junk 50% 1.031% 0.103%
Skeleton Skull Junk 2.577% 0.258%
Bone Junk 10.309% 1.031%
Orc Bone Junk 5.155% 0.515%
Elf Bone Junk 1.031% 0.103%
Dwarf Bone Junk 1.031% 0.103%
Hobbit Bone Junk 0.515% 0.052%
Rotten Log Junk 5.155% 0.515%
Leather Junk 5.155% 0.515%
String Junk 5.155% 0.515%
Bowl Junk 5.155% 0.515%
Mug Junk 5.155% 0.515%
Book Junk 2.577% 0.258%
Stick Junk 5.155% 0.515%
Feather Junk 5.155% 0.515%
Ink Sac Junk 2.577% 0.258%
Rotten Flesh Junk 2.577% 0.258%
Suspicious Meat Junk 2.577% 0.258%
Maggoty Bread Junk 2.577% 0.258%
Man-Flesh Junk 2.577% 0.258%
Lily Pad Junk 7.732% 0.773%
Pearl Treasure 32.949% 6.590%
Bow Treasure 75% 3.295% 0.659%
Fishing Rod Treasure 75% 3.295% 0.659%
Iron Dagger Treasure 75% 3.295% 0.659%
Bronze Dagger Treasure 75% 3.295% 0.659%
Silver Coin (x1) Treasure 16.474% 3.295%
Silver Coin (x10) Treasure 1.647% 0.329%
Silver Coin (x100) Treasure 0.165% 0.033%
Small Pouch Treasure 3.295% 0.659%
Medium Pouch Treasure 1.647% 0.329%
Large Pouch Treasure 0.824% 0.165%
Iron Ingot Treasure 3.295% 0.659%
Bronze Ingot Treasure 1.647% 0.329%
Copper Ingot Treasure 1.647% 0.329%
Tin Ingot Treasure 1.647% 0.329%
Gold Nugget Treasure 8.237% 1.647%
Gold Ingot Treasure 0.824% 0.165%
Silver Nugget Treasure 8.237% 1.647%
Silver Ingot Treasure 0.824% 0.165%
Mithril Nugget Treasure 0.824% 0.165%
Silver Ring Treasure 1.647% 0.329%
Gold Ring Treasure 0.824% 0.165%
Mithril Ring Treasure 0.165% 0.033%
Gameplay mechanics of the Lord of the Rings Mod



TriviaEdit

The anglo-saxon ior-rune (= letters IO) means "eel", not included in the Mod. Tolkien used those ᚱᚢᚾᛖᛋ for some texts in the initial drafts of "The Lord of the Rings", later on, he replaced them by cirth runes.

The eel is a river fish and yet it always feeds on land;
it has a fair abode encompassed by water, where it lives in happiness.

Old English rune poem

Start a Discussion Discussions about Fishing