Please add some images to the gallery
The Far Harad Savannah biomes are unique in that they have an additional layer of biome variants. This is the populated and unpopulated regions that are randomly generated within the biomes.
These populated regions do not visually affect the biome, and there is no sense of a border between populated and unpopulated regions. However, populated regions are notable in that they spawn Moredain NPCs commonly. While Moredain can spawn in the unpopulated regions, the chances of this happening is extremely rare.
Whether a region is populated or unpopulated can be determined by checking the F3 screen. Populated regions have the tag "HaradPopulated:true", and unpopulated regions "HaradPopulated:false".
Normal regions of the Savannah have a chance to generate a unique Baobab Forest variant, which is exactly what it sounds like.
Upon entering this biome, the player earns the achievement "Where the Stars are Strange".
Far Harad Arid Savannah Edit
Travelling south, this is the first Far Harad biome encountered. It emerges smoothly from the Near Harad Semidesert, with patches of both sand and dirt, dry grass, and scattered stunted trees. Far Harad animals and Moredain spawn here (although Moredain are much rarer than in the normal savannah.)
Far Harad Arid Savannah Hills Edit
A hillier version of Far Harad Arid Savannah.
Far Harad Forest EditThe Far Harad Forest biome is a forest full of acacia trees, gnarled oak trees, rotten logs, and baobab trees, many of which have vines hanging off. Birds spawn here frequently. There is a large forest in the eastern part of the Far Harad savannah, but forests can also appear as random biomes within the whole savannah area. There is also a "clearing" variant of this biome.
- Flowers - A version of the biome with an abundance of flowers.
- Baobab savannah - A version of the biome covered with baobab trees.
- Forest - A more forested version of the biome.
- Steppe - A very flat version of the biome.
- Barren steppe - A steppe, but with no trees. Structures generate here very commonly.
- Hills - A hillier version of the biome.
- Mountain - A mountain that rises from the surrounding terrain.
- Light forest - A lightly forested version of the biome.
- Scrubland - Scrublands are typically areas with very poor, sandy and/or rocky soil. This results in very little tree growth and the vegetation is dominated by low growing scrubs (stunted trees / shrubbs) and bushes.
- Scrubland Hills - The scrubland hills are a hilly type of scrubland.
- Wasteland - Wasteland is a very barren biome and can vast stretches of the terrain consist of barren rock. The soil is generally very poor and vegetation is sparse. The landscape can both consist of flat plains and rolling hills.
Far Harad is home to the Moredain structures. Stone Ruins are all that remain here of the dominion of other empires.
- Moredain Village - a collection of Moredain huts, often with chieftain or trader huts. Villages spawn only in the populated regions of the savannah.
- Moredain Hunter Camp - a small outpost with a few huts, home to some Moredain Warriors. Hunter camps only spawn in unpopulated regions and the Arid Savannah.
The savannas of Far Harad are home to the Moredain.
- Moredain - Members of a fierce tribe of Men that worship the Great Lion. They spawn in populated regions of the Savannah and very rarely in the unpopulated and Arid regions.
- Moredain Warrior - Warriors of the Moredain who spawn in the Savannah and in Hunter Camps.
- Moredain Huntsman - Traders who sell hunting supplies. Found in Moredain trading huts instead of the Hutmaker.
- Moredain Hutmaker - Traders who sell blocks. Found in Moredain trading huts instead of the Huntsman.
- Moredain Chieftain - Chieftains from who you can hire Moredain. Found in Moredain Chieftain huts.
- Lion - Lions are dangerous hunters. They are neutral (they only attack if you attack.)
- Lioness- Female lions.
- Crocodile - Hostile mobs who live in the water and can also be on land. They are ferocious beasts, and while on land they are slow, they can swim faster than the player.
- Flamingo - Large, passive birds that live in Far Harad.
- Rhino - Rideable mobs that can charge into battle. They are neutral.
- Giraffe - Passive mobs native to Far Harad.
- Gemsbok - Passive antelope like mobs. Their hide makes very nice looking armor.
- Zebra - Rideable mobs found in Far Harad. They are very similar to horses.
The Savannahs are sparsely wooded, with the exception of the forests, which have a greater tree coverage. Like the vanilla version of this biome, Acacia trees generate here; but unlike the vanilla biome, they are joined by Baobabs.
Far Harad SavannahEdit
Far Harad Arid SavannahEdit
Bushland (hills) •
Cloud forest •
Jungle (clearing, edge, lake, river) •