Like all hiring chieftains, the Easterling warlord will ignore any player, regardless of alignment, until attacked, at which he will defend himself with the weapon he is wielding. If a warlord is hurt in combat, he will heal himself quickly as soon as he's done fighting.
At an alignment of +150 with Rhúdel, you can start to hire troops from the warlord. The prices are as follows:
|Easterling Clansman||20 ()||150|
|Easterling Warrior||30 ()||200|
|Easterling Archer||50 ()||250|
|Golden Easterling||50 ()||350|
|Easterling Cavalry||50 ()||300|
|Eastering Archer Cavalry||70 ()||350|
|Golden Easterling Cavalry||70 ()||450|
|Easterling Fire-thrower||60 ()||300|
|Easterling Banner-Bearer||50 ()||350|
- My men are here, Person, to serve you - and the great Eye.
- Make no mistake Person - my men are the best warriors west of the Red Mountains.
- I have led my men many times into the West. Now, Person, you may command them.
- I suppose I could spare you a few of my men, my friend. For the right price, of course.
- Our lords are pleased with your service. You may hire my men, if you wish.
- Truly, Person, you are a ruthless warrior. Just so, to make Gondor bleed!
- I have heard much of your deeds, and your strength in battle. You may command my warriors.
- A fine warrior like yourself would be well suited to lead a raid against Gondor.
- Lord Sauron bids us prepare for war.
- Lord Sauron is grateful for your deeds, Person. I will let you command my men.
- Are you ready? The great Eye will have us march West, Person, very soon indeed.
- Who do you think you are, to command my men into battle? You are no one, Person!
- Oh, Person? I have heard nothing of that name. I can only allow Men of strength and honour to command my warriors.
- You truly believe that you could lead my men into battle? You must be drunk, Person. Hah!
- I have seen many of my brothers die on the field. But you, Person - you have seen nothing of battle.
- It does not matter how much coin you have, Person. My men will not follow you!
- My men would never follow you, Person, no more than they would follow the Steward of the White City!
- You should prove your worth, Person, before you dare speak to me like that again.
- You are not truly one of us, Person. Not yet.
- You do not have what it takes to command our golden warriors. Begone, Person.
|The Easterlings of Rhúdel|
Travelling item traders: