|“||Kings used to send for our smiths, and reward even the least skilful most richly. Fathers would beg us to take their sons as apprentices, and pay us handsomely, especially in food-supplies...||”|
–An Unexpected Party, The Hobbit
Dwarven Smiths are NPCs that are to be found in the Smithies, of the Iron Hills. They will trade with the player, and from them you can purchase various pieces of Dwarven Equipment, alongside other items and sell your belongings for a fine price. However, these fine works shall not be sold to you if you are not already well regarded amongst the dwarves, and the player must have positive one-hundred Alignment with them so as to trade.
As mentioned above, to trade with these NPCs the player must gain positive one-hundred or higher Durin's Folk Alignment, and then can trade freely. They will sell primarily Dwarven Equipment and Dwarven Armour.
Upon trading with a Dwarven Smith, the player earns the achievement "At Durin's Anvil"
Below is a table of values for each item that the player is available to purchase from this NPC. Use this table to find out if your smith is giving you a good deal or not. Each smith will not have every item listed for sale.
|Items Sold||Price Range||Image|
|Blacksmith Hammer||13-23 ( to )|
|Dwarven Marriage Ring||14-26 ( to )|
|Dwarven Sword||11-21 ( to )|
|Dwarven Spear||13-23 ( to )|
|Dwarven Battleaxe||13-23 ( to )|
|Dwarven Warhammer||13-23 ( to )|
|Dwarven Pike||13-23 ( to )|
|Dwarven Dagger||9-17 ( to )|
|Dwarven Axe||11-20 ( to )|
|Dwarven Pickaxe||10-18 ( to )|
|Dwarven Shovel||8-16 ( to )|
|Dwarven Mattock||13-23 ( to )|
|Dwarven Throwing Axe||11-20 ( to )|
|Dwarven Helmet||18-33 ( to )|
|Dwarven Chestplate||25-47 ( to )|
|Dwarven Leggings||21-39 ( to )|
|Dwarven Boots||15-29 ( to )|
|Silver-trimmed Dwarven Helmet||35-65 ( to )|
|Silver-trimmed Dwarven Chestplate||42-78 ( to )|
|Silver-trimmed Dwarven Leggings||39-72 ( to )|
|Silver-trimmed Dwarven Boots||35-65 ( to )|
|Gold-trimmed Dwarven Helmet||49-91 ( to )|
|Gold-trimmed Dwarven Chestplate||56-104 ( to )|
|Gold-trimmed Dwarven Leggings||53-98 ( to )|
|Gold-trimmed Dwarven Boots||49-91 ( to )|
|Dwarven Boar Armour||18-33 ( to )|
|8 x Dwarven Bars||14-26 ( to )|
Below is a table of values for each item that the player can sell to this NPC. Use this table to earn more money by only selling when the prices are high. You will not be able to sell every item to every smith as each smith will not want to purchase every item listed below.
|Items Bought||Price Range||Image|
|Iron Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Dwarven Steel Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|2 x Coal||1-1 ( to )|
|Gold Ingot||11-20 ( to )|
|Copper Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Tin Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Bronze Ingot||2-4 ( to )|
|Steak||2-4 ( to )|
|Cooked Porkchop||2-4 ( to )|
|Cooked Mutton||2-4 ( to )|
|Cooked Chicken||2-4 ( to )|
|Gammon||2-4 ( to )|
|Cooked Fish||2-4 ( to )|
|Cooked Rabbit||2-4 ( to )|
|Cooked Venison||2-4 ( to )|
|Bread||1-3 ( to )|
|Lava Bucket||11-21 ( to )|
- Come in, my good fellow! I have some fine Dwarven craftwork ready for sale!
- You won't find goods such as these in all of Wilderland!
- What can I forge for you? An axe? A chestplate? I can do anything!
- The smith-skill of the Dwarves is unmatched!
- What can I get you?
- One, two, and three! There go the ingots!
- My hammer and hands may be old, but I get the job done!
- My skill is unmatched by no other Dwarf!
- Swords? Axes? Hammers? You've come to the right place!
- Pay me, and you will find in your hand the mightiest smith-work in all of Middle-earth!
- By my beard, what kind of armour are you wearing? Let me get you some proper plates.
- Come in! Come in! I just finished cooling this fine blade!
- Do you want a fine blade? I can offer you one for a cheap price!
- Any wish you have in mind, I can turn into forged steel!
- I forge the mightiest blades and the toughest armour!
- What business do you have in these lands, traveller?
- If you want some of my mighty blades, you'll have to prove yourself first!
- Huh? What? I don't deal with strangers!
- Come back when you have a name in these lands.
- You want those shiny axes, eh? Well, you ought to do some deeds to earn 'em!
- I forge the mightiest tools, weapons and armour in these rusty hills! But not for you... at least not yet.
- By my beard, the day has come when a stranger thinks he can simply buy something from me!
- One does not simply trade with a stranger.
- I don't trade with odd folk such as you.
- Who are you?
- If you wish to trade with me, you must prove yourself to the folk of these lands.
- I only forge for the mightiest of the mightiest.
- You are not worthy of my mighty blades.
- You're not fit enough to carry Dwarven plates.
- You may only trade with me when you prove yourself to the Lord of these lands.
|The Dwarves of Durin's Folk|
Dwarf (Axe Thrower, Banner Bearer, Warrior)
Travelling item traders: