|“||Out of the darkness arrows whistled. Swiftly a scout rode back and reported that wolf-riders were abroad in the valley, and that a host of Orcs and wild men [of Dunland] were hurrying southward from the Fords of Isen and seemed to be making for Helm's Deep.||”|
–The Two Towers, Helm's Deep
Dunlendings, also known as Wildmen of Dunland, were the people of Dunland. They were known as a fierce culture of Men who sought vengeance on the people of Rohan who, as Saruman rightly said, drove them into the mountains. In The Two Towers, Saruman used their anger as a manipulation and convinces them to destroy the land of Rohan during the War of the Ring. He sends them across Rohan, and are a part of the army that attacks Helm's Deep.
Dunlending Axe-throwers will ignore any player or mob that is friendly or neutral towards Dunland, but if that entity is a foe of Dunland (e.g. a strawhead), they will begin throwing their axes at it, doing 6HP of damage per hit.
|Can be hired in Dunland, altogether not too far away||Expensive for an axe thrower|
|Works well against swimming enemies||Has mediocre armour with the same statistics as Rohirric armour|
|Well priced alignment wise||Shorter range than normal archers|
- Any enemy of Rohan is a friend of Dunland!
- We have sworn vengeance on the people of Rohan. Will you fight with us, Person?
- Our lands were taken by the Strawheads of Rohan.
- We Dunlendings are a proud and vicious race.
- Death to the men of Rohan!
- Our feud with the thieving Rohirrim is centuries old.
- Do you fight with us, Person?
- The land of Rohan should by rights be ours. Those filthy, strawheaded men of the River have no claim to it!
- If the horse-lords are your enemy, Person, then we welcome you into our land.
- What do you want?
- Those filthy strawheads shall pay for stealing our lands from us!
- The land shall be stained with the blood of Rohan!
- Stranger, what do you want in our lands?
- Shall you help us reclaim what is rightfully ours?
- A day shall come when the pitiful Men of Rohan will pay for what they have done!
- Your doom comes swiftly, Person!
- Your kind is not welcome here.
- Curse you, Person!
- Stop, Person. You are unwelcome here!
- Flee, wretched friend of the horse-lords!
- Death to the Strawheads and their kin!
- Down you go, Person!
- What devilry of Rohan comes hence?
- Your end shall be swift, strawhead-scum!
- Run, scum, run back to those pitiful horse-riding cowards!
- Death to you and all your kin!
- Be gone, scum of Rohan!
- You shall pay for your crimes, Person!
- Death to the men of Rohan!
- Death to the Strawheads!
- Let us reclaim our homeland of old!
- For wrath! For ruin! For our forefathers!
- We shall roll into Rohan like a plague.
- For Dunland!
- Lead us to war, Person!
- We go to victory!
- We Dunlendings are bold and strong warriors! We shall not fail you in battle!
- Come, Person! Let us together avenge my people!
- It is time for the filthy Rohirrim to pay for their crimes!
- We will fight for you!
- The filthy strawheads shall fear our name! Lead us to war and triumph, Person!
The One Wiki to Rule Them All has an article on:
The Tolkien Gateway has an article on:
|The Men of Dunland|