|“||Bree was the chief village of the Bree-land, a small inhabited region, like an island in the empty lands round about. Besides Bree itself, there was Staddle on the other side of the hill, Combe in a deep valley a little further eastward, and Archet on the edge of the Chetwood. Lying round Bree-hill and the villages was a small country of field and tamed woodland only a few miles broad.||”|
–The Fellowship of the Ring, At the Sign of The Prancing Pony
Bree-land is a small plains-like biome with some forested variants. It is within the larger region of Eriador. Located east of the Barrow-downs, west of Midgewater, and south-west of Chetwood. Orcs don't spawn here as the rangers of Eriador guard the borders of this land - however, no Rangers spawn here either, although perhaps the occasional ranger will spawn to visit when the land is filled.
Bree-land is one of the few places in Middle-Earth where maple trees grow naturally.
In The Lord of the Rings, Bree-land contains 4 main villages: Bree, Combe, Staddle, and a town called Archet further north on the edge of the nearby forest called Chetwood. Bree-land is mainly inhabited by Hobbits and some men that share their ancestry with the Dunlendings and Rhudaur Hillmen. The Bree-folk, big and little, and their structures will be added to the mod at a later date.
Upon entering Bree-land, the player earns the achievement "Settlement of Men"
- Bree-Land Hills - A randomly spawning variant of Bree-Land that is considerably more hilly than normal Bree-Land.
- Bree-Land Forest Hills - A randomly spawning variant of Bree-Land that is exactly like Bree-Land Hills, except there is considerably more forest cover.
- Bree-Land Forest- A more heavily forested version of Bree-Land.
- Aspen Forest - A forest dominated with Aspen trees.
- Birch Forest - A forest dominated with Birch trees.
- Beech Forest - A forest dominated with Beech trees.
- Maple Forest - A forest dominated with Maple trees.
- Apple-Pear Orchard - An orchard containing Apple and Pear trees.
- Flowers - A variant of Bree-land with an abundance of flowers.
No structures generate here, but in the future the structures of the Bree-folk will dot the land.
Due to the watchful eyes of the Rangers, this land is completely free of Orcs. However Gundabad Warg invasions can spawn at a rare chance.
In the future, men and Hobbits of Bree will spawn here.
Bree-land is mostly composed of plains, but trees occasionally grow here, including the uncommon maple tree, from which you can harvest some tasty maple syrup. Occasional temperate deciduous forests dot the landscape, which contain beech, birch, oak, and, of course, the seasonal maple. Flower growth rates are average, as well as tall grass and its variants.
The One Wiki to Rule Them All has an article on:
The Tolkien Gateway has an article on: