Welcome visitor to the official wiki page of Fellowships of Middle-Earth!
This server is mainly about playing together with other LOTR-enthusiasts, we strive to have epic battles, events and role-play situations together! When you enter Middle-Earth for the first time you are asked to choose a side (good or evil) and then select a faction. When you have selected a faction your adventure will begin!
To maintain order in this server we do need some rules. Please stick to these! Not listening to these rules will result in a warning, once you reach 3 warnings you shall be banned. It isn't said that you shall only get a warning, sometimes your bad actions have more consequences and if staff thinks it's better to ban you immediately that might happen aswell.
- Do not grief and destroy other players houses/buildings, even if you repair it afterwards you will be punished. Bridging into another's base next to a claim is also not allowed.
- You are allowed to argue with staff and ask questions about things you don't like but remember that staff has the final word and they are allowed to ban/kick/mute you if you take it too far.
- Do not harass other players. Be respectful.
- You can be muted for misbehaving in chat or for the use of bad words, keep in mind that there are also younger players who play this game.
- You are not allowed to hide your map position and alignment. Everyone should be able to see where you are and who you are friends with.
- The overworld and nether are not allowed, if you find a way to get there please inform a staff member and don't abuse it.
- Using mounts or other 'glitches' to gain access to peoples bases isn't allowed. Parkour isn't forbidden though, if you happen to be a ninja the opponent should just protect his base better. :-)
- Waypoints are not to be placed in small, unclaimed areas in a base. If you have an old waypoint that was there before that area was claimed by someone, remove it.
- Utumno is blocked; We will go there with events but no player will get his/her hands on the balrog whip as it is too powerful for normal players too handle.
- When gaining alignment you should use the in-game menu to see what you should be allied with and what your enemies should be. We don't want good nor evil players to have positive alignment with enemy factions, or negative with allied factions. In some cases it is possible though. For example: Dunland is evil and Dwarves are good but they are actually allied, in this case you're allowed to gain alignment with a faction of the opposite side.
- You can loot mod-structures but don't ruin them, keep the world nice and tidy. (no half flying structures or ugly demolished villages.) Also, ruining waypoints isn't allowed, don't build on or near them.
- Claiming outside your factions' territory is allowed, but if a fellowship claims the territory in which you placed a banner (check the territorymap), the banner has to be removed. So it is a risky thing to store valuables out of your homeland... Note: Claiming inside your factions' territory is always allowed, regardless of fellowship-territories.
- No banner may be placed within 500 blocks of another players banner-claim/build, unless agreed upon.
- You can choose your own nickname but only normal custom Middle-Earth names are allowed. Important names which are mentioned in the books or movies aren't allowed.
- Don't ask staff if you can become builder, moderator or admin. If we need more staff we will ask you, not the other way around. We want motivated people who want to help to make the server better and not people who just want more power.
- At any time you are allowed to use max. 30 ACTIVE hired units.
- Killing units which are halted in someones base is not allowed! This does mean that if you leave the game you should make sure that all your units are halted within your base, outside they are allowed to get killed!
- If a fellowship wants to fight with another fellowship, ask a staff member to organize a battle. (For more about this read the Paragraph named Battles.)
- For PvP we have a special system. Every player is able to toggle it on/off. When you have it disabled you can't hit others and others can't hit you.
- You may only turn off PvP while in your homeland. Homeland is your factions' territory and your fellowships' territory. Note: If a fellowship is still trying to claim a new territory they don't own it so it doesn't count as homeland. [Penalty for not turning it on outside homeland: Verbal warning followed by a 3 day ban if abused, no exceptions!]
- During a PvP fight disabling pvp, teleporting players to or away from the fight and combat-logging are not allowed.
- When you get killed by an enemy player in enemy lands, you have to stay out of those territories for atleast 20 minutes. Coming back within mentioned time gets you one warning.
Nothing is perfect, neither these rules. Anything is up to change after a good discussion on Discord!
Our goal is to have an event each Saturday, mostly around 8 PM (GMT + 1). Most events will be part of a story line but we also have ideas for treasure hunts, boss fights and a lot more!
Story line events are supervised story lines by admins, different story lines will come out of events that will take place weekly each time adding more and more to the story line. These events have special rewards and are a chance for people to do some role play.
Events will mostly be held up by lore standards, not creating far out custom lore scenarios but rather trying to keep it as lore friendly as possible. Sometimes there will be battles between good and evil creating a different story line depending on who wins. It might change the overall result, meaning the players have a active hand in changing events as a way to stay away from good guys always winning and admin biased events.
Scheduled Events Edit
|Name||Date & Time||Info||Rewards|
Fellowships are groups of players with a leader. At first they can claim one area and make a base there. Once the main base is done they can start expanding their territory by making new bases (in survival) in nearby areas. They can also take over other fellowships's bases.
Joining a fellowship Edit
If you want to join a fellowship the leader can invite you and give you a custom tag which will show that you are part of that fellowship. (Leaders, make sure you don't have more than 12 members because that is not allowed.)
Once you are part of a fellowship you can actually get a roleplay-role, this isn't obliged. You can pick a title from the mods' in-game menu or make something up and apply for it in-game or on Discord. Staff will judge whether it's a suitable tag for your circumstances. (roles like king, prince, wizards, etc. are not allowed)
Within fellowships there are ranks. Each rank adds a different symbol before the fellowship-name in chat.
|Rank||Symbol||Example of how the chat will look like|
|Leader||***||***<fellowship> <title> <nickname>: <message>|
|Second in command||**||**<fellowship> <title> <nickname>: <message>|
|Member||*||*<fellowship> <title> <nickname>: <message>|
Creating a fellowship Edit
If you want to create a fellowship you can apply on Discord. On there you will find a special channel where you can submit your application.
Make sure to write down the following things:
- Your playername
- Why you should be leader
- From which faction your fellowship will be a part and how your fellowship should be named.
- On which area on the map you would like to start.
- At least 500 alignment with your faction
- 5000 silver coins
- Atleast one player who wants to join your fellowship. You can't start a fellowship on your own.
Staff will look at the applies as much as possible and we will handle them as soon as possible. The leadership rank comes with certain permissions, this is why we look very thoroughly to the players who are applying.
Warning: If the leader of a fellowship is inactive for 3 weeks, he will automatically lose leadership! (Joining once in a week for 30 minutes will still count as inactivity.) Also the maximum ammount of members for a fellowship is currently set at 12.
List of all Fellowships Edit
|Name of the fellowship||Faction||Owner||Territory||Points|
|Pelargir||Gondor||TackleToWin / ~ Dylon||7|
|Dol Amroth||Gondor||misokingSK / ~Miso||-|
|Entwade||Rohan||superiorspider10 / ~Araunus||8|
|The Grey Company||Rangers||Aravir / ~theconstable||Fornost||-|
|Dale||Dale||blocks119 / ~Barin||-|
|Imladris||Rivendell||BabyChickenGamer / ~ Gil-Laer||17|
|Ered Mithrin||Durins Folk||Rupertolot / ~Rhain||14|
|Iron Hills||Durins Folk||Denniking1||East Peak||-|
|Carn Dûm||Angmar||Death_Stroke_1 / ~Zaglak||15|
Expanding fellowship territory Edit
Key features Edit
All Fellowship builds are to be done in SURVIVAL. Fellowships need to mine their own stone and chop their own trees. This rule applies to Admins, Mods and Builders as well for fellowship related builds. Creative or fly can only be used by builders for their server related lore builds.
Lore builds can not be used to hold an area and can not be sieged. Nor can they be used to generate Fellowship Points (FP’s). Lore builds are used for dungeons and quests, fellowships shouldn't interfere with those.
Fellowships will require a fellowship base, called the Stronghold, as well as an initial settlement to begin claiming. The buildings within the settlement will generate the Points required to expand.
When a fellowship is formed they need to select a main area within a biome or sub-biome containing the chosen Faction. For example a Rivendell fellowship is a part of the Rivendell Faction. Therefore they shall build their Fellowship base and starting settlement in one of the areas located in their home Biome. (custom fellowships are possible) These 'areas or territories' can be found on the territory-map.
How to claim Edit
Fellowships can build a small fortified settlement in an area which connects to their territory. (See the map for all the possible areas) The build must be survival built and look like a small fortified village or camp. The fellowship leader then applies on Discord to have the build approved. Once approved the fellowship must pay the required resources and points fees. Fees are to be handed over to a member of Staff.
Fee to build in home biome : 2000 coins, 64 iron, 32 gold, 5 stacks of food and a certain ammount of fellowship points.
Fee to build in a neutral/wild or enemy biome: 4000 coins, 128 iron, 64 gold, 10 stacks of food and a certain ammount of fellowship points.
Cost of Claiming (in FP’s):
- 6 FP’s For areas in a home biome (home biome is the biome of the selected main waypoint.)
- 10 FP’s For areas in neutral/wild biomes
- 15 FP’s For areas in hostile biomes
Territory map Edit
Click here to view the image in a bigger resolution. (You can zoom in to get a clear image of your territory)
To get more FP you have to build certain buildings. These are initially placed in your main base but once you own more territory you can also build them in your other settlements. All buildings are guidelines, use your imagination when building. Have fun!
- Encampment - Claiming build. This is the defensive fortress for the area. It may be besieged in times of war and taken by the enemy. Defend at all costs. Only 1 encampment is required per area. Once a village is built the encampment becomes a Stronghold and may be upgraded. This build is an extension of the Fellowship’s main Stronghold and like the main stronghold the following apply:
- Required in order to take points
- Generates NO points.
- Village - Source of easy to obtain fellowship points. All Villages MUST start with a well or nearby source of water. After which up to Five (5) buildings may be built with at least 3 of the buildings being homes. Up to 3 villages may be built per area. 1 village must be within site of the encampment. Upon completion the fellowship will be rewarded Five (5) fellowship points for each Village
- Town - Once a Staff member has approved a village for proper number of buildings and faction related builds it may be upgraded to a, Town. A Town may have up to Ten (10) buildings and include a well, One (1) decorative feature (garden, statue, etc), and MUST be protected by basic forms of defenses. . Upon completion the fellowship will be rewarded Five (5) more points.
- City - Once a town has the above requirements and approved by Staff it may be upgraded to a City. The largest source of fellowship points. A City must include no less than 15 buildings, 2 wells, 2 decorative features, and 1 monument. Upon completion the fellowship will be rewarded Five (5) more points.
- Industry - Farms, Lumber mills, mines, quarries, etc. Anything outside of a settlement that may provide the people with a source of income. Up to Five (5) forms of Industry is allowed PER AREA and will reward the Fellowship Two (2) points PER build, to a total of Ten (10) points
- A Fully upgraded and developed area is worth Fifty (50) Fellowship points
Building types Edit
Barracks - Barracks, Jailhouse, Manor: satisfies 1 building requirement. At least one of the previous examples is needed to be able to purchase a NPC Commander and for the ability to garrison troops at the settlement.
- The number of beds,armour stands, chests, etc within a barracks will determine the maximum number of troops allowed to garrison the settlement.
Blacksmith/Metalworker - Blacksmiths, foundries, etc: satisfies 1 building requirement. At least one Smithy is needed to be able to purchase a NPC Blacksmith trader.
Homes - Common dwelling for NPC’s and players. It is required that there be at least a 3:2 ratio of Homes to Business buildings. (Example: a village has 5 buildings. 3 must be homes and 2 may be chosen from the business examples)
[Therefore, a city with 15 buildings may have 10 homes and 5 other buildings.]
Market - Marketplace or Shoppe: satisfies 1 building requirement per 4 stall or Shop. At least one Market is needed to be able to purchase a NPC trader.
Stables - Stable, kennels, pit: satisfies 1 building requirement. At least one Stable is needed to be able to purchase a NPC Stable hand trader.
- A Stable may have 1 NPC trader for every 6 stalls or pens.
Dock/Wharf - Docks, wharf, harbor: satisfies 1 building requirement. At least one of the previous examples is needed to be able to claim nearby islands.
Farmland, Mills, Mine, Quarry, etc - This is the industry that will provide income to your claimed area. These are built OUTSIDE of any bases or settlements. Any of the above examples will reward the area with two (2) points per build to a max of 10 points. Each example must be at least the size of a silver bannered area 32x32 block area.
-Required for City development -Small statue or Fountain. May be placed in a plaza, park area or otherwise decorated area. Faction banners required. [REWARD] 1 FP. -Large statue or monument build in a large enclosed park area or otherwise decorated area. Faction banners required. [REWARD] 2 FP’s.
***** All buildings are guidelines, use your imagination when building. Have fun! :) ****
Buying NPC spawn eggs Edit
Fellowship Leaders may purchase NPC spawn egg. These eggs cost Silver coins AND Fellowship points to purchase and may be placed in their corresponding builds or inside Fellowship bases.
- Common NPC’s - 2500 silver coins plus 2 FP’s each. [Faction Traders, Bakers, Bartenders, Brewers, Butchers, Farmer, Fishmonger, Florist, Greengrocer, Lumberjack, Stonemason]
- Commanders and Blacksmiths - 5000 silver coins plus 3 FP’s each.
- Traveling Traders - 10000 silver coins plus 5 FP's each.
***** Future changes may be added to include NPC Faction buildings to allow NPC's to respawn and/or populate villages and strongholds *****
Alternate ways to gain Fellowship Points Edit
- Invading an enemy area
Claimed areas may be attacked and eventually conquered. This is possible only when two Fellowship, regardless of alignment, share a common border. The invading force must build a small war camp just inside the enemy area. From here the fellowship may attempt to attack the defending Fellowship’s encampment. The winning side is rewarded as per the wiki rules for sieges.
- Alignment bonuses
Players who have reached an alignment of more than 1500 points within their Fellowships Faction will earn their Fellowships [REWARD] 1 FP per player.
Please note that you may claim up to 3 territories shown on the Territory Map per week, this is to prevent very powerful fellowships from claiming the whole map very quickly.
At some point conflict between fellowships can no longer be avoided, this can lead into a WAR! War is a serious affair. For a war to occur a Fellowship leader must declare war upon an ENEMY faction fellowship. War may be declared upon a fellowship whose NPC’s are ALLIED or NEUTRAL to the declaring Fellowship’s Faction.
After war is declared and ALL parties involved come together and start organising a battle. They pick a time and date on which they both(and their players) can be online and then head towards Veliks to organise the actual battle.
Staff will setup kits and create the battle using the 'siegemode' mod. At the decided time the battle will be fought. These kits contain a horn of commands for the squadron 'sieges'. So if you want to take units with you in battle assign them to a squadron called 'sieges'.
- All players may bring to the field of battle a maximum of 30 REGULAR troops (Warriors, Archers, Cavalry= 1pt.) or 20 ELITE troops (Elves,Rangers, Dwarves, Uruks, Banner bearers = 1.5pts.) depending on the amount of alignment with the player's home or allied Factions.
|Alignment||Troop maximum pts|
- Above this you may hire a number of LARGE troops (Olog-hai, Trolls, Huorns) equal to 1 troop/ 500 alignment to a maximum of 5 LARGE troops. This is in addition to all other troops.
- Example: Mordor lord with 2000 alignment may bring to battle:
- 30 Orcs or 15 Uruk-Hai
- 20 Orcs + 5 Uruk-Hai or banner bearers
- PLUS 4 OLOG-HAI
There are three possible battles:
1. Players from both fellowships fight the battle (teams will be equal ammount of players)
2. Players from both fellowships and any allied fellowships fight the battle. (teams will be equal ammount of players)
3. Every player fights the battle. Meaning all good players can join the good fellowship in battle and every evil player can join the evil fellowship.
(this will be discussed with the leaders from both fellowships).
When the timer runs out the team with the most kills will win the battle.
Each winning player will get 1000 silver coins, 32 iron, 32 gold and +350 alignment for their faction. The losing team will get a compensation of 400 silver coins and +150 alignment for their faction. The winning fellowship will also receive 2 fellowship(s)-points and the losing fellowship(s) will get 1 point for participating in a battle. Sometimes you can also claim a new waypoint by winning a battle, more on this in the next paragraph.
When you have won atleast 2/3 battles against an enemy base your fellowship can claim it. (unless it is the main base, main bases will always remain with the original fellowship.). If you have claimed a new base staff will add it to the territory map.
Renting a server isn't for free sadly. It comes with a monthy cost, and it is paid by staf-members. If you want to help us a little we have made a Patreon page where you can send donations, some of them come in exchange for a special tag on Discord & in-game!|
Ban Appeals Edit
If you are banned there is a chance that you might get unbanned. To get unbanned you need to send a ban appeal, you place it in the comments of this page.
Your ban appeal should contain:
- Your playername
- Why you were banned and do you think it is fair?
- Why should we unban you?