To view the corresponding page on the Minecraft Wiki, click here.
Arrows are an item from vanilla Minecraft. As in the vanilla game, within the Lord of the Rings Mod they are used as ammunition for Bows.
The Player can obtain arrows in many different ways, some of which are easier than others.
Most NPC's that use a bow, ranging from Rohirrim bowmen to Southron Archers to Lindon Elves, will drop between 0 and 2 arrows upon death. If you use a hired army, you can use this tactic to get large quantities of arrows from your slain foes for use later.
Another way to obtain arrows is by trading using Silver Coins. The following NPC's will sell you arrows, if your alignment is suitable:
- Angmar Orc Trader: 4 arrows for 3-4 coins (?)
- Dol Guldur Orc Trader: 4 arrows for 3-4 coins (?)
- Galadhrim Wanderer: 4 arrows for 2-4 coins
- Galadhrim Smith: 4 arrows for 2-4 coins
- Lindon Smith: 4 arrows for 2-4 coins
- Wood-elf Smith: 4 arrows for 2-4 coins
- Merchant of Harad: 4 arrows for 3-4 coins
- Mordor Orc Trader: 4 arrows for 3-4 coins
Many Generated structures can contain arrows as part of their loot. The exact quantity you'll get from each stack varies, but it's typically up to about 8 arrows per stack.
Arrows are, of course, used with the mod's Bows as ammunition. Because every bow in the mod (at least at the moment) uses the same kind of arrow, arrows are useful to all players, regardless of their alignment, unless their faction doesn't use bows, in which case arrows will not be of much use.