Provided that you have at least +150 alignment to Angmar and enough silver coins (see below), you can hire various Orcish troops from them, such as Angmar 0rcs (and their variants: archers, banner bearers and bombardiers), wargs, trolls and Hill-trolls.
They are non-hostile until attacked, after which they will fight back using their Orc skull staffs.
Here is a table of the hire-able units along with their price in silver coins and Angmar alignment requirement.
Upon hiring a unit from an Angmar orc chieftain, the player earns the achievement "Hour of Vengeance".
|Angmar orc||20 ()||+150|
|Angmar orc archer||40 ()||+200|
|Angmar orc bombardier||50 ()||+250|
|Angmar warg||20 ()||+150|
|Warg rider||40 ()||+250|
|Warg archer rider||60 ()||+300|
|Angmar warg bombardier||50 ()||+400|
|Angmar banner bearer||40 ()||+300|
- You want some mercenaries, Person? I want some coins.
- Give me some silver coins and I'll give you some of my boys!
- The forces of Angmar are ready for hire, maggot!
- Coins or no deal, maggot!
- Get your fighting Morgul-scum here! Starting at just a few silver coins!
- Orcs, Trolls, Wargs, and more stinking Trolls! Get them all here!
- I want to get my stinking hands on some more silver coins!
- What do coins and Man-flesh have in common? I never have enough of them!
- A Man has not commanded the forces of Angmar in many ages. Will you be the one who shall lead us to victory?
- The armies of Angmar shall rise! What do you need?
- You need some legs? I've got some for you! Pay the price and I'll give you some of my best boys.
- The filth of Angmar would never follow a weakling like you into battle!
- What are you trying to do, maggot? Kill some man-scum and I'll let you command my boys!
- Coins mean nothing if you can't keep your boys under control!
- I'm not selling any warriors to you until you kill some more filthy enemies!
- You think you can command the legions of Angmar? Ha! Don't make me laugh, maggot.
- Ha! You must be a fool to think that I will let you command the Orcs of Angmar!
- You think I'd sell mercenaries to scum like you? Ha!
- Come back when you've proven your worth, maggot.
- Work some more evil, and then perhaps I'll consider trading units with you.
- Only the foulest of Men can command the Morgul-scum of Angmar, Person.
- Filthy maggot! No mere Man can lead the mighty Orcs of Angmar!
- Have you not been driven out by our armies yet, scum?
- Your blood smells fresh!
- Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!
- I will have your head, scum of Arnor!
- I'll make dinner out of you!
- I will feast on your flesh, Man-filth!
- You stink of fear!
- You've messed with the wrong Orc, Man-scum!
- I'll skewer you like a piece of meat!
- Die, Man-scum!
- Enjoy your last breath, scum!
- I'll bleed you like a stuck pig!
- You're nice and fresh!
- Kill the scum!
- We dine on Man-flesh tonight!
- Once I'm done with you, you'll be nothing but a pile of bones!
- Come any closer and I'll stick you like a fresh cut of meat!
- You better start running, maggot!
|The Spawn of Angmar|
Orc (Archer, Banner Bearer, Bombardier) •
Troll (Chieftain, Hill) •
Travelling item traders: