Welcome visitor to the official wiki page of Fellowships of Middle-Earth!
This server is mainly about playing together with other LOTR-enthusiasts, we strive to have epic battles, events and role-play situations together! When you enter Middle-Earth for the first time you are asked to choose a side (good or evil) and then select a faction. When you have selected a faction your adventure will begin!
To maintain order in this server we do need some rules. Please stick to these! Not listening to these rules will result in a warning, once you reached 3 warnings you shall be banned. It isn't said that you shall only get a warning, sometimes your bad actions have more consequences...
- Do not grief and destroy other players houses/buildings, even if you repair it afterwards you will be punished. Bridging into another's base next to a claim is also not allowed.
- You are allowed to argue with staff and ask questions about things you don't like but remember that staff has the final word and they are allowed to ban/kick/mute you if you take it too far.
- Do not harass other players. Be respectful.
- You can be muted for misbehaving in chat or for the use of bad words, keep in mind that there are also younger players who play this game.
- You are not allowed to hide your map position and alignment. Everyone should be able to see where you are and who you are friends with.
- The overworld and nether are not allowed, if you find a way to get there please inform a staff member and don't abuse it.
- Using mounts or other 'glitches' to gain access to peoples bases isn't allowed.
- Waypoints are not to be placed in small, unclaimed areas in a fellowship base. If you have an old waypoint that was there before that area was claimed by the fellowship, remove it.
- Utumno is blocked; We will go there with events but no player will get his/her hands on the balrog whip as it is too powerful for normal players too handle.
- When gaining alignment you should use the in-game menu to see what you should be allied with and what your enemies should be. We don't want good players to have positive alignment with evil factions (or the other way around), in some cases it is possible though. For example: Dunland is evil and Dwarves are good but they are actually allied, in this case you're allowed to gain alignment with a faction of the opposite side.
- You can loot mod-structures but don't ruin them, keep the world nice and tidy. (no half flying structures or ugly demolished villages.) Also, ruining waypoints isn't allowed, don't build on or near them.
- Claiming outside your factions' territory is ONLY allowed if the fellowship of that territory does allow you to claim. In the case there are multiple fellowships in that territory you have to get permission from the fellowship which is closest to the place you want to claim. [UPDATE: NO banners may be placed within 500 blocks of another players build, unless agreed upon.]
- You can choose your own nickname but only normal custom Middle-Earth names are allowed. Important names which are mentioned in the books or movies aren't allowed.
- Don't ask staff if you can become builder, moderator or admin. If we need more staff we will ask you, not the other way around. We want motivated people who want to help to make the server better and not people who just want more power.
- At any time you are allowed to use max. 30 ACTIVE hired units.
- Killing units which are halted in someones base is not allowed! This does mean that if you leave the game you should make sure that all your units are halted within your base, outside they are allowed to get killed!
- If a fellowship wants to fight with another fellowship, ask a staff member to organize a battle. (For more about this read the Paragraph named Battles.)
- For PvP we have a special system. Every player is able to toggle it on/off. When you have it disabled you can't hit others and others can't hit you.
- You may only turn off PvP while in your homeland AND Neutral/Wilderness biomes! (homeland = the biome(s) of your faction) If you enter an Enemy biome you must have PvP ON!!! [Penalty for not turning it on: Verbal warning followed by a 3 day ban if abused, no exceptions!] During times of WAR PvP MUST be turned on outside of your faction territory, including areas claimed by your Fellowship!!!
- Disabling pvp during a fight and combat-logging is not allowed.
Nothing is perfect, neither these rules. Anything is up to change after a good discussion on Discord!
Our goal is to have an event each Saturday, mostly around 8 PM (GMT + 1). Most events will be part of a story line but we also have ideas for treasure hunts, boss fights and a lot more!
Story line events are supervised story lines by admins, different story lines will come out of events that will take place weekly each time adding more and more to the story line. These events have special rewards and are a chance for people to do some role play.
Events will mostly be held up by lore standards, not creating far out custom lore scenarios but rather trying to keep it as lore friendly as possible. Sometimes there will be battles between good and evil creating a different story line depending on who wins. It might change the overall result, meaning the players have a active hand in changing events as a way to stay away from good guys always winning and admin biased events.
Scheduled Events Edit
|Name||Date & Time||Info||Rewards|
Fellowships are groups of players with a leader. At first they can claim one waypoint and make a base there (with the help of staff). Once the main base is done they can start expanding their territory by making new bases (in survival) on nearby waypoints. They can also take over other fellowships's bases.
Joining a fellowship Edit
If you want to join a fellowship the leader can invite you and give you a custom tag which will show that you are part of that fellowship.
Once you are part of a fellowship you can actually get a roleplay-role, this isn't obliged. You can pick a title from the mods' in-game menu or make something up and apply for it in-game or on Discord. Staff will judge whether it's a suitable tag for your circumstances. (roles like king, prince, wizards, etc. are not allowed)
Within fellowships there are ranks. Each rank adds a different symbol before the fellowship-name in chat.
|Rank||Symbol||Example of how the chat will look like|
|Leader||***||***<fellowship> <title> <nickname>: <message>|
|Second in command||**||**<fellowship> <title> <nickname>: <message>|
|Member||*||*<fellowship> <title> <nickname>: <message>|
|Recruit||-||-<fellowship> <title> <nickname>: <message>|
Creating a fellowship Edit
If you want to create a fellowship you can apply on Discord. At spawn you can get a book & quill to write down your apply and on Discord you will find a special channel where you can submit your apply. You can also use Discord, we made a special channel where players can submit their applications.
Make sure to write down the following things:
- Your playername
- Why you should be leader
- From which faction your fellowship will be a part and how your fellowship should be named.
- At which waypoint you want to start your fellowship.
- At least 500 alignment with your faction
- Atleast one player who wants to join your fellowship. You can't start a fellowship on your own.
Staff will look at the applies daily and we will handle them as soon as possible. The leadership rank comes with certain permissions, this is why we look very thoroughly to the players who are applying.
Warning: If the leader of a fellowship is inactive for 3 weeks, he will automatically lose leadership! (Joining once in a week for 30 minutes will still count as inactivity.)
List of all Fellowships Edit
|Name of the fellowship||Faction||Owner||Waypoint of their base||Points|
|Northern Wolves||Dunland||Ramdieman / ~Mandor||Northern Dunland||-|
|Flame of Harad||Southron||shadow_dragon11 / ~Katar||Harad Crossroads||-|
|Desert Sands Trading||Southron||Fire_Sands13||Gulf of Harad||-|
|Dol Amroth||Gondor||misokingSK / ~Miso||Dol Amroth||-|
|Citadel Guards||Gondor||Minas Tirith||-|
|Entwade||Rohan||superiorspider10 / ~Araunus||Entwade||-|
|The Grey Company||Rangers||Aravir / ~theconstable||Fornost||-|
|Rangers Of Rhovanion||Rangers||Metasomatisme1 / ~Ithilian||Old Rhovanion||-|
|Beornings||Rangers||CmdrPhoenix / ~Kaowulf||Beorn's Hall|
|South-Rhúdel||Easterlings||DPBR8 / ~ Anarkhan||Pass of Rhûdel||-|
|Tol Rhudael||Easterlings||Lord_of_the_Ring / ~Copn||Khamul's Tower||-|
|Dale||Dale||blocks119 / ~Barin||Dale||-|
|Mithlond||High-Elves||Aggelos002 / ~Echtelion||Mithlond||-|
|Greenwood||Wood-elves||WhiteWolf001 / ~Princess_Glossenra||Thranduil's Halls||-|
|Ered Luin||Blue Mountain Dwarves||ThrainEisenfaust / ~Thorgrim||Mount Dolmed||-|
|Erebor||Durins Folk||LordSauronMordor / ~Fraein||Erebor||-|
|Ered Mithrin||Durins Folk||Rupertolot / ~Rhain||Dáin's Halls||-|
|Orocarni||Durins Folk||bigSAMMYtheBOSS / ~Fimli||Baraz-Dum||-|
|Flame of Udún||Mordor||MegaCade / ~Carancaroth||Morgul Vale||-|
|Carn Dûm||Angmar||Death_Stroke_1 / ~Zaglak||Carn Dûm||-|
|Barad-Dûr||Mordor||MadFishStudioMC / ~LordGorgutz||Barad Dûr||-|
|Goblin Town||Gundabad||Luqz_ / ~Halx||Goblin Town||-|
Expanding fellowship territory Edit
Key features Edit
All Fellowship builds, with the exception of the main base, are to be done in SURVIVAL WITHOUT BUILDER GIVEN MATERIALS. Fellowships need to mine their own stone and chop their own trees. This rule applies to Admins, Mods and Builders as well for fellowship related builds. Creative can only be used by builders for their server related lore builds.
Builder built lore builds can not be used to hold an area and can not be sieged. Nor can they be used to generate Fellowship Points (FP’s). (lore builds can and will be sieged in server Events though.)
Fellowships will require a fellowship base, called the Stronghold, as well as an initial settlement to begin claiming. The buildings within the settlement will generate the Points required to expand.
"Fellowships that have already been established, whether in Lore builds or not, will be considered “Grandfathered” into the new rule system. However, any Fellowship builds that have ALREADY received a reward under the old rules (received spawn eggs INSTEAD of points) will not be able to receive a reward under these rules. Any Fellowship bases that are already in place will be counted as if in the nearest settlement."
When a fellowship is formed they need to select a waypoint (WP) within a biome or sub-biome containing the chosen Faction. For example a Rivendell fellowship is a part of the Rivendell Faction. Therefore they shall build their Fellowship base and starting settlement at one of the two WP located in their home Biome. (custom fellowships are possible)
How to claim Edit
Fellowship build a small fortified settlement in an area. (See the map for all the possible areas) The build must be survival built and look like a small fortified village or camp. Fellowship Leader then applies on Discord to have the build approved. Once approved the fellowship must pay the required resources and points fees. Fees are to be handed over to a member of Staff. Maximum of 1 claim per application within a 3 day period.
Fee to build in home biome :2000 coins, 64 iron, 32 gold, 5 stacks of food and a certain ammount of fellowship points.
Fee to build in a neutral/wild or enemy biome: 4000 coins, 128 iron, 64 gold, 10 stacks of food and a certain ammount of fellowship points.
Cost of Claiming (in FP’s):
- 6 FP’s For areas in a home biome (home biome is the biome of the selected main waypoint.)
- 10 FP’s For areas in neutral/wild biomes
- 15 FP’s For areas in hostile biomes
Territory map Edit
Click here to view the image in a bigger resolution. (You can zoom in to get a clear image of your territory)
Settlement types Edit
Encampment - Claiming build. This build is an extension of the Fellowship’s main Stronghold and like the main stronghold the following apply:
- Required in order to take points.
- Generates NO points.
- This is the defensive fortress for the area. It may be sieged in times of war and taken by the enemy. Defend at all costs. Only 1 encampment is required per area. Once a village is built the encampment becomes a Stronghold and may be upgraded.
Village - Source of easy to obtain fellowship points but is limited to what can be built. Only Tier 1 buildings allowed. May be upgraded to a Town once the village has at least 4 non-military buildings. Up to 3 villages may be built per area. 1 village must be within site of the encampment.
Town - Up to 2 villages may be upgraded to a town for 4 FP’s each. A larger source of Fellowship Points and a wider choice of buildings and fellowship objectives. Must be protected by basic forms of defenses. Only Tier 2 buildings allowed. May be upgraded to a City once the town has at least 9 buildings.(Tier 1 builds may be upgraded to Tier 2 builds).
City - 1 town may be upgraded to a City for 10 FP’s. The largest source of fellowship points and building options. All buildings up to Tier 3 buildings allowed.
All buildings are guidelines, use your imagination when building. Have fun!
Tier 1 buildings:
- Small Hall or Chieftain Hut.
- Houses, Local shop, Bath houses? Well? Including pavements or flooring relevant to location.
* Village - Contains up to 4 such buildings.
Tier 2 buildings:
- Feast Hall or Mayoral residence.
- 2-story Houses, Marketplace, Inn, Stable
* Town - Contains up to 9 such buildings. All must have pavements or flooring detail depending on location.
Tier 3 buildings:
- Small castle to house a local lord or Commander. (Including: barracks, stable, smithy)
- 2-story or 3-story homes, Shops, Tavern, Monument
* City - Contains 9+ such buildings. All must have pavements or flooring detail depending on location.
Building types ==== Market
* Tier 1: 2 Stalls. All containing examples of goods that the merchant sells.
[REWARD] 1 FP.
* Tier 2: Stalls in a large well planned outdoor or indoor market or Small shops.
[REWARD] 2 FP
* Tier 3: Large Shops with customer area, kiosk. Guildhalls.
[REWARD] 3 FP
* Tier 1 - Small blacksmith store. 2 anvils, 1 double chest and a hand built furnace area with 2 forges. Small hut or structure for the storage or raw materials. Cottage built separately next door.
[REWARD] 1 FP
* Tier 2 - A Blacksmith with 4 anvils, 2 double chests and 2 hand built furnace areas with 2 forges and smeltery. A small storehouse/hut for the storage of raw materials. Either one large building with an apartment upstairs for accommodation or a house built separately next door.
[REWARD] 2 FP
* Tier 3 - 2 Blacksmith with 8 anvils, 4 double chests and 4 hand built furnace areas with 4 forges 2 smelters. A small storehouse/hut for the storage of raw materials. Either one large building with an apartment upstairs for accommodation or a house built separately next door. [REWARD] 3 FP
* Tier 3 build - A downstairs bar that leads to a kitchen for food to be prepared as well as a basement to store drink/food supplies. At LEAST 6 separate tables for customers to eat. 6 upstairs single bedrooms. 3 upstairs double bedrooms. A small stable attached for travellers mounts.
[REWARD] 3 FP’s.
* Tier 1 - Stalls for 6 mounts with storage for food and supplies.
[REWARD] 1 FP
* Tier 2 - Stalls for 12 mounts with storage for food and supplies. Area for worker
[REWARD] 2 FP’s.
* Tier 3 - Stalls for 24 mounts with storage for food and supplies. Area for Stable master.
[REWARD] 3 FP’s.
* Village - Not constructed in villages.
* Town - Small statue or monument built in a small enclosed park area or otherwise decorated area. Faction banners required. [REWARD] 1 FP.
* City - Large statue or monument build in a large enclosed park area or otherwise decorated area. Faction banners required. [REWARD] 2 FP’s.
* Tier 1 - A hut by the water with a small dock. [REWARD] 1 FP
* Tier 2 - Requires docks to be built. 2 - 3 Small huts same as Tier 1 located adjacent to or at the end or the docks.
[REWARD] 2 FP’s
* Tier 3 - Requires Harbour. Large building used as a central processing warehouse for goods. Requires several docks with a wharf outside. Plus construction of ONE ship [REWARDS] 5 FP’s.
Farmland, Mills, Mines, Quarrys, etc
*Any build that represents industry can be built in the areas surrounding any settlement. These builds provide the goods sold in your markets.
[REWARD] 2 FP per build (max. 10 FP’s)
*Tier 2 - Fortified building to house 25 troops, must include: beds, chests, weapon racks (equipped with arms, armour stands (equipped with armour) for 25 soldiers.
[REWARD] 3 FP’s.
*Tier 3 - As above but for 50 troops.[REWARDS] 5 FP’s.
Buying NPC spawn eggs ==== Each NPC spawn egg costs Fellowship points to purchase as well as a cost in coins.
*Tier 1 - 2500 coins plus 2 FP’s each.
[Orc Traders, Bakers, Bartenders, Brewers, Butchers, Farmer, Fishmonger, Florist, Greengrocer, Lumberjack, Stonemason]
*Tier 2 - 5000 coins plus 3 FP’S each.
*Tier 3 - 10000 coins plus 5 each each.
Alternate ways to gain Fellowship Points == - Invading an enemy area
Claimed areas may be attacked and eventually conquered. This is possible only when two Fellowship, regardless of alignment, share a common border. The invading force must build a small war camp just inside the enemy area. From here the fellowship may attempt to attack the defending Fellowship’s encampment. The winning side is rewarded as per the wiki rules for sieges.
- Alignment bonuses
Players who have reached an alignment of more than 1500 points within their Fellowships Faction will earn their Fellowships [REWARD] 1 FP per player.
At some point conflict between fellowships can no longer be avoided, this can lead into a WAR! War is a serious affair. For a war to occur a Fellowship leader must declare war upon an ENEMY faction fellowship. War may be declared upon a fellowship whose NPC’s are ALLIED or NEUTRAL to the declaring Fellowship’s Faction.
After war is declared and ALL parties involved come together and start organising a battle. They pick a time and date on which they both(and their players) can be online and then head towards Veliks to organise the actual battle.
Staff will setup kits and create the battle using the 'siegemode' mod. At the decided time the battle will be fought. These kits contain a horn of commands for the squadron 'sieges'. So if you want to take units with you in battle assign them to a squadron called 'sieges'.
- All players may bring to the field of battle a maximum of 30 REGULAR troops (Warriors, Archers, Cavalry= 1pt.) or 20 ELITE troops (Elves,Rangers, Dwarves, Uruks, Banner bearers = 2pts.) depending on the amount of alignment with the player's home or allied Factions.
|Alignment||Troop maximum pts|
- Above this you may hire a number of LARGE troops (Olog-hai, Trolls, Huorns) equal to 1 troop/ 500 alignment to a maximum of 5 LARGE troops. This is in addition to all other troops.
- Example: Mordor lord with 2000 alignment may bring to battle:
- 30 Orcs or 15 Uruk-Hai
- 20 Orcs + 5 Uruk-Hai or banner bearers
- PLUS 4 OLOG-HAI
There are three possible battles:
1. Players from both fellowships fight the battle (teams will be equal ammount of players)
2. Players from both fellowships and any allied fellowships fight the battle. (teams will be equal ammount of players)
3. Every player fights the battle. Meaning all good players can join the good fellowship in battle and every evil player can join the evil fellowship.
(this will be discussed with the leaders from both fellowships).
When the timer runs out the team with the most kills will win the battle.
Each winning player will get 1000 silver coins, 32 iron, 32 gold and +350 alignment for their faction. The losing team will get a compensation of 400 silver coins and +150 alignment for their faction. The winning fellowship will also receive 2 fellowship(s)-points and the losing fellowship(s) will get 1 point for participating in a battle. Sometimes you can also claim a new waypoint by winning a battle, more on this in the next paragraph.
When you have won atleast 2/3 battles against an enemy base your fellowship can claim it. (unless it is the main base, main bases will always remain with the original fellowship.). If you have claimed a new base staff will add it to the territory map.
Renting a server isn't for free sadly. It comes with a monthy cost, and it is paid by staf-members. If you want to help us a little we have made a Patreon page where you can send donations, some of them come in exchange for a special tag on Discord & in-game!|
Ban Appeals Edit
If you are banned there is a chance that you might get unbanned. To get unbanned you need to send a ban appeal, you place it in the comments of this page.
Your ban appeal should contain:
- Your playername
- Why you were banned and do you think it is fair?
- Why should we unban you?