Welcome visitor to the official wiki page of Fellowships of Middle-Earth!This server is mainly about playing together with other LOTR-enthusiasts, we strive to have epic battles, events and role-play situations together! When you enter Middle-Earth for the first time you are asked to choose a side (good or evil) and then select a faction. When you have selected a faction your adventure will begin!
To give you more information about this server we have made a list with all our features. If you have any suggestions or ideas for us, feel free to tell them to a staff-member!
A Fellowship is a group within a faction, they could be called sub-factions. For example if you have joined Gondor you can make the Fellowship of Minas Tirith. The base of that faction will obviously be somewhere around the waypoint of Minas Tirith and in the chat it will show that you are part of that Fellowship. You can also get a custom title when you are part of a fellowship. (See Joining a fellowship down below.)
At the moment we have one arena where players can PvP but we are working on more arena's. Right now players have to bring their own gear but if we see players would rather like kit-PvP we might add that to the server! You can access it using the servermenu or by typing /pvp
This is a special and unique concept for lotr-servers. We have a market where players can hire a shop, the shops are fully customizable and players can edit them however they want! You can use your shop to sell items but you can also ask for items. For the market we use a digital currency, $1 = 1 silver coin. At the market itself you can convert your silver coins to digital money or the other way around.
If you get bored there is always something entertaining for you in this server! In the servermenu you can start a quest. There are three kinds of quests: Good Quests (for Good players), Evil Quests (for Evil players) and Special Quests (For both evil and good players). In-game you can start the tutorial quest, it will teach you the basics of quests. These quests are custom made and our staff is always working on new ones. Sometimes you might have to travel really far or fight alot of mobs. But in the end it's worth all the fighting because there are big rewards waiting for you if finish them.
Custom recipes Edit
To improve gameplay we made a few custom crafting-recipes for nametags, leather and pouches. If you think we could add more recipes don't hesitate to suggest a new one.
Item naming Edit
To allow players to customize their items we have added a few commands which allow you to do this.
/itemname <text> Allows you to edit the name
/lore <text> Allows you to edit the lore
Color codes are supported! Use /colors to see which are available, If you don't know how the color codes in minecraft work you can google it to find out. If you want to use space you should use a '_'. For exampe: /itemname this_is_an_example
Please note that you are not supposed to make lore weapons with this! For example don't make 'Anduril' or some other lore-weapon.
Joining a fellowship Edit
If you want to join a fellowship the leader can invite you and give you a custom tag which will show that you are part of that fellowship.
Once you are part of a fellowship you can actually get a role, this isn't obliged. You can pick a title from the mods' in-game menu and apply for it in-game or on Discord. Staff will judge whether it's a suitable tag for your circumstances.
Within fellowships there are ranks. Each rank adds a different symbol before the fellowship-name in chat.
|Rank||Symbol||Example of how the chat will look like|
|Leader||***||***<fellowship> <title> <nickname>: <message>|
|Second in command||**||**<fellowship> <title> <nickname>: <message>|
|Member||*||*<fellowship> <title> <nickname>: <message>|
|Recruit||-||-<fellowship> <title> <nickname>: <message>|
Creating a fellowship Edit
If you want to create a fellowship you can apply at in-game using a book & quill or on Discord. At spawn you can get a book & quill to write down your apply and on Discord you will find a special channel where you can submit your apply. You can also use Discord, we made a special channel where players can submit their applications.
Make sure to write down the following things:
- Your playername
- Why you should be leader
- From which faction your fellowship will be a part and how your fellowship should be named.
- How your tag would be: Leader/Chieftain/Warlord etc. (Tags like King aren't allowed since they suggest you own the whole faction.)
- At which waypoint you want to start your fellowship. (if all waypoints of your faction are claimed you should talk with the leader of those waypoints to see if he is willing to give one to you.)
- At least 500 alignment with your faction
- Atleast one player who wants to join your fellowship. You can't start a fellowship on your own.
Staff will look at the applies daily and we will handle them as soon as possible. The leadership rank comes with certain permissions, this is why we look very thoroughly to the players who are applying.
Warning: If the leader of a fellowship is inactive for 3 weeks, he will automatically lose leadership! (Joining once in a week for 30 minutes will still count as inactivity.)
Fellowship Points Edit
For fellowships to become more powerfull they can earn points. The ammount of points of a fellowship indicate the strength of a fellowship, these points can be earned by winning battles or by completing certain fellowship-tasks.
Fellowships are able to fight other fellowships. In order to do this you have to ask an admin to organise a battle. A battle is only possible if both fellowships want to fight and have atleast two players online and the number of players in each team has to be equal. (If the defending fellowship only has four players participating in the battle you can only attack with four people.)
The use of hired units is allowed in war, but there is a limit. Each player can have max. 25 units. We do this to prevent huge lag spikes, the more units there are in the battle the harder the server will lag.
The attacking fellowship will get a spawnpoint from the guiding admin. It will be atleast 500 blocks away from the fellowship they are going to attack. To enter a city/base you can build a ram which has to be approved by the supervising admin or you can climb the walls using ladders. You aren't allowed to break blocks or use explosives. The ram has to has to look realistic and if the admin approves it the gate will be opened.
As long as the attackers haven't entered the city/fortress you can die and teleport back to the battle by using the servermenu. This also counts for defenders, as long as no attacker has entered the building the defenders can teleport back when they die. But as soon as the attackers have entered the building everybody can only die once. If everyone died from one team the other team will win. The winning team will be rewarded with 5 fellowship-points for all the fellowship(s) which participated in the winning team. Each winning player will get 500 silver coins, 32 iron, 32 gold and +200 alignment for their faction. The losing team will get a compensation of 100 silvercoins and +50 alignment for their faction, and the losing fellowship(s) will get 1 point for participating in a battle.
List with attackable fellowships Edit
Each fellowship on this list is able to get attacked and to launch attacks to other fellowships. To be placed on this list you should ask an admin to approve your city as attackable and then you will be added.
|Name of the fellowship||Faction||Owner||Waypoint|
If your fellowship completed one of these tasks you are allowed to inform an admin, he will check it and give you the reward if he approves.
|Barracks||Create barracks in your base with room for atleast 50 units. Each unit should have a bed, chest and armor stand,||1x spawn Captain/Chieftain/Warlord|
|Market||Create a market with atleast 10 shops or stores||4 x spawn Merchant/Trader|
List of all Fellowships Edit
|Name of the fellowship||Faction||Owner||Waypoint of their base||Points|
|Northern Wolves||Dunland||Ramdieman / ~Mandor||Northern Dunland||-|
|House Horten||Gondor||Skeilsman / ~Eldacar||Crossings of Poros||-|
|Brotherhood||Southron||Veliks / ~Addrad||Umbar||-|
|Dol Amroth||Gondor||misokingSK / ~Miso||Dol Amroth||-|
|The Remnant of Arnor||Rangers||godisnoah / ~Anarion||Border of Eriador and the Blue Mountains||-|
|Mithlond||High-Elves||Aggelos002 / ~Echtelion||Mithlond||-|
|Imladris||Rivendell||MegaCade / ~Gilthanion||Ford of Bruinen|
|Greenwood||Wood-elves||WhiteWolf001 / ~Princess_Glossenra||South-west of Thranduil's Halls||-|
|Erebor||Durins folk||LordSauronMordor / ~Fraein||Erebor||-|
|Ered Mithrin||Durinsfolk||Rupertolot / ~Rhain||Dáin's Halls||-|
|Carn Dûm||Angmar||Spectaculous / ~Avanumor||Carn Dûm||-|
|Barad-Dûr||Mordor||MadFishStudioMC / ~LordGorgutz||Barad Dûr|
|Goblin Town||Gundabad||Luqz_ / ~Luqz||Goblin Town||-|
|The White Hand||Uruk-Hai||GhostsNStuff / ~Draugur||Kala Draugûr||-|
Our goal is to have an event each saturday, mostly around 8 PM (GMT + 1). Most events will be part of a storyline but we also have ideas for treasure hunts, boss fights and a lot more!
Storyline events are supervised storylines by admins, different storylines will come out of events that will take place weekly each time adding more and more to the storyline. These events have special rewards and are a chance for people to do some Roleplay.
Events will mostly be held up by lore standards, not creating far out custom lore scenarios but rather trying to keep it as lore friendly as possible. Sometimes there will be battles between good and evil creating a different storyline depending on who wins. It might change the overall result, meaning the players have a active hand in changing events as a way to scry away from good guys always winning and admin biased events.
Scheduled Events Edit
To maintain order in this server we do need some rules. Please stick to these! Not listening to these rules will result in a punishment and most likely a (temp)ban or mute.
- Do not grief and destroy other players houses/buildings, even if you repair it afterwards you will be punished.
- You are allowed to argue with staff and ask questions about things you don't like but remember that staff has the final word and they are allowed to ban/kick/mute you if you take it too far.
- You can be muted for misbehaving in chat or for the use of bad words, keep in mind that there are also younger players who play this game.
- You are not allowed to hide your map position and alignment. Everyone should be able to see where you are and who you are friends with.
- The overworld and nether are not allowed, if you find a way to get there please inform a staff member and don't abuse it.
- Mithril equipment is allowed for everyone but if your fellowship goes to battle with another fellowship all members participating in the battle have to wear equipment of their corresponding faction.
- Utumno is blocked; We will go there with events but no player will get his/her hands on the balrog whip as it is too powerful for normal players too handle.
- When gaining alignment you should use the in-game menu to see what you should be allied with and what your enemies should be. We don't want good players to have positive alignment with evil factions (or the other way around), in some cases it is possible though. For example: dunland is evil and dwarves are good but they are actually allied, in this case you're allowed to gain alignment with a faction of the opposite side.
- You can loot mod-structures but don't ruin them, keep the world nice and tidy. (no half flying strucures or ugly demolished villages.)
- Claiming outside your factions' teritory is ONLY allowed if the fellowship of that territory does allow you to claim. In the case there are multiple fellowships in that territory you have to get permission from the fellowship which is closest to the place you want to claim.
- You can choose your own nickname but only normal custom Middle-Earth names are allowed. Important names which are mentioned in the books or movies aren't allowed.
- Don't ask staff if you can become builder, moderator or admin. If we need more staff we will ask you, not the other way around. We want motivated people who want to help to make the server better and not people who just want more power.
- At any time you are alllowed to use max. 30 hired units.
- Killing units which are halted in someones base is not allowed! This does mean that if you leave you should make sure that all your units are halted within your base, outside they are allowed to get killed!
- Any enemy player who is not inside their faction's territory can be killed. You have to warn the other player though. You can do this by '/me will be hunting <player> in 1 minute!'. After 1 minute do '/me starts hunting <player>'. When you did this you can leave your base and travel to the other players location. If you want to join the hunt you can at any time by doing '/me joins the hunt on <player>' Once all hunters are dead or the hunted player has been killed the hunt is over. You can start a new one on the same player but you have to wait atleast 15 minutes!
- If as hunted player sees the warning and proceeds to go to his/her homeland, the hunt will stop, you still aren't allowed to kill anyone in their homecountry unless the other player starts fighting you!
- If an enemy player is in your territory you can just kill him without a hunt. Just travel to him/her and defend you territory! Once the intruder has been killed he has to stay out of your factions' territory for atleast 30 minutes!
- Combat-logging isn't allowed it is not fair and only proves that you are a coward. Don't log out in the middle of a fight!
- If a fellowship wants to fight with another fellowship, ask a staff member to organise a battle. (For more about this read the Paragraph named Battles.)
Ban Appeals Edit
If you are banned there is a chance that you might get unbanned. To get unbanned you need to send a ban appeal, you place it in the comments of this page.
Your ban appeal should contain:
- Your playername
- Why you were banned and do you think it is fair?
- Why should we unban you?